My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Three of my friends
9,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 20 hp Sears Onan I will be putting in my JD 318 to replace the b43 with a bad crank.My problem is the 20 hp has electronic ingnition and has a 6 blade plug from the flywheel and the B43 has a 3 blade pulg from the flywheel,anyone know the sequence to hook the plugs up,doo I only need 3 wires from the flywheel side? thanks.

·
Cranky Motorsports
15,275 Posts
all mine only have two wires on them from the stator. Mine aren't electronic though

·
Three of my friends
9,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks,my point ignition is like that also,the thrid wire from the 3 bladed connector goes back to the vr

·
Registered
6,227 Posts
If you have the Sears tractor model number you can look up a diagram at searspartsdirect.com.

I 'm thinking you might need to change some wiring, maybe even the keyswitch. I don't see how you can hook 3 wires to 6, and I don't see how you can leave 3 unhooked.

The good part is I could be wrong.

·
Three of my friends
9,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well i'm thinking since there 2 different brands that basicly do the same thing and the engine only need basic power,that the extra wires went to power somethig else on the Sears tractor.Thanks

·
Three of my friends
9,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Think I might have it figured out,there are only 4 wires (2 each in 2 groups)coming from the flywheel,2 go to the coil,2 to the vr and the other 2 look like 1 is ground,1 is pto.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts