My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
6,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This litter is now 2 weeks old, and all of them are sold/spoken for. Castrated the males today, and there is one female I think I'll be keeping for future breeding purposes.

They are so playful at this age.....throw in some fresh straw and they have a blast playing in it....looks like it plum wore em out.

·
Deceased October 2017
21,767 Posts
Hey Steve ...watch that one with its head opposite of all the others .. You should name him Edward .. looks like he wants to be the "Odd Ball" :ROF

Fine looking little piggies :thanku: for the photo

·
6,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Do you raise them to a certain size and send them to the butcher or do you send them to the new home at a young age.
Both.....One person wants to buy 4 when they weigh 40 lbs. (feeder pigs) and feed them out themselves. 2 people want me to raise them to slaughter size and buy them when butchered. I need 2 for my family for meat and the final one may be kept for breeding purposes.

Blanche has been a excellent "mama" in all of this.

·
I Love All Color Tractors
22,321 Posts
Great looking litter. It looks like that you have done a great job.

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
Did you trim their teeth? We usually did as their sharp little incisors will cut Blanch's teets as they get bigger. Where is Pigsitter when we need him!!!!!

·
Registered
152 Posts
But now he is castrated.....maybe Edweena? :ROF
dude i gotta say you scare the s%^& out of me:biglaugh: i mean i came in here looking at some little cute piglets then i saw that and now i wanna :eck16: i can deal with the teeth clipping and crimping the tail but that is just scary

·
6,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
dude i gotta say you scare the s%^& out of me:biglaugh: i mean i came in here looking at some little cute piglets then i saw that and now i wanna :eck16: i can deal with the teeth clipping and crimping the tail but that is just scary
If just the mention of castration makes you want to :eck16:

Then, don't watch this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-udsIV4Hmc

·
I have my bear skin
698 Posts
Okay the teeth castration guy is a weirdo. No offense if you are in to that kinda thing but that is just plain old weird.
JD40

·
I have my bear skin
698 Posts
Hey some of us use tools others use teeth. Whatever floats his boat.
JD40

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
I didn't think Mike Rowe was an idiot. I figured he was reasonably bright, but I didn't peg him for book-smart. Wow.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts