My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a copy of what I put in the JD section....for the knowledgeable anti-JD guys:
I just bought a JD lift control valve.
My question is: When in center position, does the spool allow the fluid to pass through freely?
I'm fabricating a hydraulic lift that performs several functions, and the pump puts out some serious volume and psi, so do I need a release valve in line to prevent overheating?

·
Lindeman crawler fan
2,705 Posts
The JD valve should be an open center valve.
Blow air in the inlet and see if the air comes out the other side.

·
Lindeman crawler fan
2,705 Posts
Don't feel bad, I neglected to check that on the valve for the tractor I just built.
That little mistake caused the pump to blow apart when I first started the engine.

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Don't feel bad, I neglected to check that on the valve for the tractor I just built.
That little mistake caused the pump to blow apart when I first started the engine.
:sidelaugh:sidelaugh:sidelaugh:sidelaugh:sidelaugh
I hate it when that happens.
I've been working so many hours finishing a job at work, then getting home and trying to finish massive landscaping and cutting wood.....and my hydro lift project is on my mind at all times.....but I haven't taken the time to check everything out, so I'm getting lazy. It's too easy to come here, and ask a member, than do the labor of doing it myself.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts