My Tractor Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about Tractors? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i picked up a jd 111 and a 212. paid 150 for both of em, i think i got a good deal, believe i will make my money back if i have to part em out, dont want to do that. both motors rotate though. the 212 has the k301 which i believe would be a 12 horse, paint is a little faded but looks restorable, also has what i believe to be a 46 or 48 inch deck. that 111 has a briggs on it. what confuses me though, is the motor has a fuel tank on top and the body of the tractor has a fuel tank under the seat. was one of them replaced at one point in time ? also, what would be the easiest way to get replacement decals for both of them ?

·
USMC
19,144 Posts
Congrats and we need some pics please. slkpk

·
Registered
412 Posts
The tank under the seat is the original setup. I guess a PO could have been having trouble getting fuel to the motor and just added a different tank. At any rate the factory motor was an 11 horse briggs without a gas tank on it.

·
Premium Member
373 Posts
Actually the early model 111 had the tank above the motor - the later model put the tank under the seat. I'd guess you'll have to find out how it is being fed now - perhaps they changed the motor and didn't have a fuel pump as the newer model did so they put the tank in - or the fuel pump went bad and they put it in... lots of reasons for the 2 tanks - might even be the under seat tank leaked and it was easier to replace with the under hood one...

Before you spend a lot of time on the 111 you might want to raise the rearend and take a look for holes etc... they are know to throw the gears when stressed.

·
Premium Member
6,227 Posts
What is the serial # of your 111. SN 095001-190000 uses the under hood tank.Pic 1. SN 190001- uses the rear tank under seat deck.pic 2.

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.