My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was at a local tractor show today here in Mass. and I came upon two Gravelys plus a 30" brush deck with two blades, and a sulky, for $90 with delivery, a good honest deal. They were both Model L Gravelys, one being an LI like my 1956 and the other a regular model L. both pull start 6.6 hp. The LI was used by a U.S. Post Office, it's even got a U.S. federal property sticker on it! Maybe Newman will come knocking on my door wondering who stole his Gravely! lol The deck is decent and so is the sulky, I think they'll work no problem. The post office LI is more complete but its really rough lookin and missing exhaust, so I think I'll swap some parts for the regular model L to get it running and a couple odds and ends for my '56. I've finally got a nice little collection:thThumbsU , and hopefully I'll get two running tractors out of it. I'll use the other one for parts like I said and use it to look at the L gearbox a bit, to learn how it works. I'll take some pictures tomorrow so you can see them in all their rusty glory:00000033:. and my progress on the '56!
My stuff at this time:
1956 Model LI
1960? Model LI U.S. Post Office version
1950s Model L
2 48" plow blades
30" square chute snowblower, no guards!:cool:
30" 2 blade brush mower
The "Big Vee" a homemade beast of a plow, came with the Simplicity garden tractor, gonna put it on an L. I didn't make it:D lol but it's awesome.

·
Super Moderator
32,050 Posts
SWEEETTT!!! My LI has a postal engine on it. Who knows what happanded to the REAST of it, but the engine ended up on it at somepoint in its life. [thats why I call it my "Bitza L. Has a "Bitza" that tractor, and a "bitza" this tractor.... etc etc]

·
Premium Member
4,979 Posts
Boy, I must not be looking in the right places :(

Congrats!

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
nice score and a great deal!

·
I Love All Color Tractors
22,321 Posts
Have the police shown up at your door yet? If not they should, because you STOLE those machines. Great score!

I live about 2 hours away from where the original Gravely factory was located. Around here, you can hardly touch a sulky alone for $90, and definitely not delivered.

We want some pics!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts