My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So a guy at work today said that he had 2 John Deere riding lawn mowers for sale and that he would take a case of Busch Light for both how could I pass it up. He said they were a 210 and 110, well he was close it was a 210 and 112. I was a little disappointed it was a 112 instead of a 110 but for $15 who can really complain. As you can see in the pics they have aways to go before they will be anything.

Attachments

·
Registered
125 Posts
Now you need to find a hood and a seat for a six pack and you're in like flint:trink39:

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
While I was there he also had a John Deere 400 sitting in the corner of the shed. It had a John Deere 20 loader on it with the deck. Also it had the 3 pt with a tiller and a front snow blade. The problem was it had a thrown rod. I asked him if he wanted to part with it and he said not right now. What would that whole set up be worth with the blown motor if he decided to sell.

·
Premium Member
9,779 Posts
I'll give him two cases of Busch Lite for the 400 and loader!

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
I bought my 20 loader and it needed to be rebuilt (hoses, controller etc) for $1500, although I have seen one for sale for $1200 before, the problem is finding one. A 400 with a blown motor and no other issues is worth around $750, 3 pt hitches, if original and complete is $280-300(you can buy a ruegg for $330+/-, so I wouldn't spend the farm on a original one). The blade if it is a 4 way blade is going be worth around $500+/- if it works and has the mount w/cylinders on it.

So based on this guy's value system, I would think 2-3 cases of Budweiser would probably get you what you want! I might even spring for a pony keg...

BTW, I bought 112 in about that shape last year for $100 and sold it for $125 so....you are doing well. I wouldn't even mess with them, flip them and go after the 400.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have never owned a 112 I just took the gas tank off to find the starter and there is not one on the machine. I see that it might be able to be pull started, is this correct and if so do alot of them not have starters.

·
Registered
869 Posts
While I was there he also had a John Deere 400 sitting in the corner of the shed. It had a John Deere 20 loader on it with the deck. Also it had the 3 pt with a tiller and a front snow blade. The problem was it had a thrown rod. I asked him if he wanted to part with it and he said not right now. What would that whole set up be worth with the blown motor if he decided to sell.
:banghead3

wouldn't be worth spit. I'll help throw it out. Just give me a call and I'll hitch up the trailer so it can leave all at once. :trink40: Heck I'd leave a case of Busch and a bottle of Wild Turkey. Phooey, I'll even throw in a fridge or a Kegarator. His choice. You know, for the scrap value. :trink39:

·
Super Moderator
33,601 Posts
112's had starters! Flywheel looks to have the old rope pulling flange on it though but it is not the method normally used.

·
4K Poster!!!!
4,552 Posts
Wow! Congrats on the great deal!

·
MTF Tractor Nut
4,430 Posts
Nice! Enjoy getting them up and running!

·
Banned
4,069 Posts
:Stop: is Busch lite even beer? :drunkie:

·
The Admin from... Nowhere!
13,947 Posts
I have never owned a 112 I just took the gas tank off to find the starter and there is not one on the machine. I see that it might be able to be pull started, is this correct and if so do alot of them not have starters.
Should have an integral starter motor, I THINK, meshing with the geared ring behind the flywheel...

Here's the starter motor, from the parts catalog

If you don't see these bits, I'm wondering if there's been an engine swap done....

The PRE-square fender 112s (ser # 0-999,999) had a starter-generator, which was much bigger and sat under the fuel tank, with a belt running to the flywheel...

·
Super Moderator
16,674 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yeah I am not sure if I am going to go to the trouble of rebuliding these or just use them for parts I guess it won't hurt to sit ot back for awhile till I come up with something.

·
deerhed
1,241 Posts

·
USMC
19,146 Posts
Congrats and it looks like you got something to keep you busy this winter. slkpk

1 - 20 of 21 Posts