My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Gizmoligist
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been into garden tractors for a while now but as the tractor bug goes, I now have 2 2n's.:D

The red and grey one runs good and drives with no brakes. It has the Sherman overdrive.
The white one is for parts. Starting with tires, the running tractor could use a few things.

Interesting note on the white one. There is no 3 point or PTO. The casting the seat bolts to is solid with no holes for the lift arms and the PTO opening has a block off plate. I am thinking it may have been a Moto Tug.

I am going to reduce it (white one) to parts and sell some of the stuff, keeping some parts. Any of the potential Moto Tug parts can go to you guys first, so send me an email or PM.

The serial number on the motor says its an 8n 1947. The 3 speed trans, hubs and wheels say its a 2n. These things have been swapped around a lot, so its anybody's guess what it actually is.

Paid $20 for the running one and $300 for the white one.
So far so good on the cash. Funny too, they both came back to back. I hope there is not a 3rd one lurking. LOL

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,674 Posts
Welcome to the world of N tractoring, you can give up all hope of ever getting over it. It only gets worse, enjoy!

·
Gizmoligist
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, looking forward to it. LOL

Let me run this by you, and others.

I dont have the room to keep both tractors just sitting around. I want to completely strip down the white one keeping the engine in one piece. Keep all the pieces except for the large castings. Those I would give to anybody that wants them or scrap them.

Is this sacrilegious? Would the N police show up at my door and take me away? Would you do it if you were me in my situation?
I am just looking for a second on this idea.

Some of the parts and assemblies are better on the white one but I am not planning to tear down the red and grey (and blue and yellow and white) one just yet.

·
Registered
3,268 Posts
Are the brakes on just the right side. Might be an industrial althought it does have the Ind front axle. The top cover could be what they were using at the time for no Hyd or pto. I'll kick this over to my friend would has tugs and Ind because he may need parts. It does have an interesting farmerized carb set up.

Kirk

·
Gizmoligist
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Kirk, the "farmerized" intake manifold is a bathroom sink J trap. LOL No, brakes on both sides. I dont think they put the pedals on the same side till later but not sure what the tugs had.
Why do you say its an Ind. axle?

Ingersol, thats the reason I bought it with no place to put it.

Yes, I know, I have a problem. LOL
I do like the darn things though.

I am in a car club, The Yakity Yaks, been around for about 20 years. Its a tradition to "drag the plaque". Some of the guys will lower the rear of the car and let it drag.
I took the tractor to our local cruize in last friday night. I unloaded it on the other side of the parking lot. I had put a chain with my plaque hanging on it between the two lower pars on the 3 point. I drove it to where our club was hanging out and did a drive-by while lowering the plaque and dragging it just as I passed them. Got some laughs. It got a lot of attention because most of these city folks dont see tractors and usually not mixed with the hotrods on friday night.

·
Registered
3,268 Posts
Sometime i don't proof read things, although I know I should. That does have should have been does Not have Ind axle. They are standard Ag adjustable axles. Ind are one piece non adjustable
Sorry about that.

kirk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts