My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Any ideas on how to "attach" a 2" ball to the back of this Ford R12? I'm not much of a welder but I do have a buzz box and I guess I'm going to have to crank it up... or can you guys ship me something cheap like a piece of 1/4" plate with a "L" shape 90 degree break that I could bolt on if I gave you some dimensions??? It would be appoximately 12" wide x 9" (5"x4")

·
Registered
167 Posts
I would probably just get a piece of 6 or 8 inch angle iron long enough to reach from left to right. Then I would bolt it to the back with 3 to 5 1/2 inch grade 5 or better bolts with large flat washers or another piece of flat steel on the inside. You can probably use the existing holes and not have to drill the tractor. Put one bolt down through the existing hitch/hole, then drill for a trailer ball paint it to match and you are done. JMO :fing32:

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would probably just get a piece of 6 or 8 inch angle iron long enough to reach from left to right. Then I would bolt it to the back with 3 to 5 1/2 inch grade 5 or better bolts with large flat washers or another piece of flat steel on the inside. You can probably use the existing holes and not have to drill the tractor. Put one bolt down through the existing hitch/hole, then drill for a trailer ball paint it to match and you are done. JMO :fing32:
Thanks Rick, I would definitely rather bolt on even if I had to drill a few holes. I don't know where to get a piece of angle that size though.

Rouge, Can you guys ship a piece to me?

·
Registered
167 Posts
Check your local scrap dealers they often have smaller pieces of various types or a welding shop might have a short piece.

·
not quins. but sextuplets
15,241 Posts
u will tear up thet machine by pullin ur boat with it.... that rear axle will now take the weight that is not a transaxle drive in it....rather a small 5 gear tranny with a chain drive to ur rear axle...

putting a twin axle boat trailer on & pullin it will do severe damage....

·
Premium Member
8,051 Posts
I had to make up a ball mount same as you for my Snapper RER I had a few years ago. The rear of a snapper looks identical! You maybe able to search my old threads and fine it.
I used a piece of angle iron to extend outwards from rear. It looked factory when done and pulled my 5' X 8" trailer no problem.

MU

1 - 7 of 7 Posts