My Tractor Forum banner

2 10 year dormant old tractors

1K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  sonny 
#1 · (Edited)
We have a farm with two tractors that have been sitting for at least 10 years. Are they worth getting back up or should I sell and get a working tractor. I'm mechanically inclined but want to know if this might be over my head. One looks like a 1950s Farmall 200. Thoughts?

#3 ·
Hi PinkNinja and
welcome to My Tractor Forum...shoot us a few pictures or at least what kind of tractors they are....if you can't post any pictures...describe the tires...most likely dry rot...battery...definitely shot...but if the right tractors....could very well be worth investing some time and $$$ into ..we are here to answer any questions as you go along with it...good luck

#8 ·
That Farmall 200 is well worth getting running, especially if it is equipped with Fast Hitch,and also have some implements around. Parts should be easy to get,as theyare the next generation of the Super C. Sweet tractors, I have 2 Super C's w/Fast Hitch,and do 90% of the chores here on my little horse farm, from hauling manure, to plowing/disking the garden.

They sip fuel, average fuel consumption is about a gallon per hour tedding hay, spreading manure, etc. Very easy to work on, doing tune-ups etc.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.