My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well today was the day for the 1st mow with my new toy, err tool. What used to take well over an hour now takes about 45 minutes. I had a Craftsman YS4500 with a 42" mulching deck (2 blades) and now have a 52" recycler deck with 3 blades on the 522 xi.

The Craftsman always delivered a great cut and was very nimble around the various obstacles (trees, boulders, flower beds, etc...) in my yard. I was not sure how this much larger GT would perform when put to the mowing task. I had logged about 7 hours of yard clean-up time prior to this 1st mow but this is not a good performance indicator in term of maneuverability.

This GT performed much better than I ever expected! The PS was incredibly tight and precise around all the various obstacles and really made a huge difference in terms of maneuverability. The cut appears to be consistent and even, however it's difficult to tell for sure until the grass thickens up a bit and provides a better visual indicator. The deck was very smooth and tight and the 22 ponies never waivered.

I had been looking for a well cared for WH 520-H when I stumbled upon this deal. A bit more $$$ than I had planned on spending but you know how it is - when you find a good deal you have to jump on it. I have no regrets and am very happy with my decision, it was love at first sight! As soon as I saw her and gave her a good once over, that was it.

The 1st owner lived one town over to the west and the 2nd owner one town over to the northeast and both purchased it from the same dealer about 15 miles north of me. Knowing the history of this beast is a big bonus as I know it was well maintained and cared for properly. It only had 165 hours on it when I bought it this past February.

Happiness is a warm tractor! :thThumbsU

·
16,525 Posts
Glad you like your new tractor--and enjoy it!!
Appreciate also the storied history of the predcessor (Wheelhorse)--even though TORO has also been around a long time--but not in the same configuration...

You are now bound also, by a respect and love for nice equipement to take care of it just as many previous owners have...To love and cherish...and all that goes with it...and a good cleaning and service every so often to it doesn't harm a thing.,

1 - 2 of 2 Posts