My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Broke Trans cooling fan and replaced with I believe the last one in America lol, before doing so when I would start mowing everything would work fine until it warmed up, then would hardly move up hills and sometimes not at all. After replacement of fan, it still does it. Replaced fluids (prior to fan replacement) has a new drive belt, and soon oops no idea what to do. Maybe bypass, maybe piece of crap, maybe whatever, please help if possible. Thanks

·
Administrator
21,095 Posts
Should be able to get your answers down in the LGT section. I'm sure someone else has run into this in the past and can shed some light on the fix. Welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just checked bupass and it does not engage at all can push mower weather its in or out☹

·
Registered
651 Posts
I would be helpful if you posted the model number of the transmission or at least the tractor....

If you pushed the unit with a broken fan and overheated it, there is a good chance that the transmission needs a rebuild.

·
Registered
651 Posts
Thanks for posting the model info. I have no knowledge of peerless transmissions so I can't help much...

One quick test that is pretty universal is when the transmission is hot and failing to climb hills is to find an obstacle that you can safely pull up against that will stop the tractor from moving. In a perfect world, you would be on a surface where the wheels could spin relatively easily such as grass or gravel. Think parking block or retaining wall. Engage the transmission and see if the input shaft stops moving or not. Stating the obvious, make sure you are doing this in a safe manner. Video recording with a smartphone is an easy way to see what is going on with the transmission.

If the input shaft stops spinning, easy to tell if your fan is on top of it, you have an issue with the belt drive somewhere. Perhaps a worn pulley/sheave. If it keeps spinning, your transmission is likely done. If all was working correctly, the wheels should break loose and spin or the engine would seriously bog down and maybe even stall.

That's about all I can assist with, good luck. Hopefully someone with more peerless knowledge chimes in.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have done that and it still turns, i also did a purge i seen recomended still a no go. Just weird, cold works great and 10 to 15 mins later it struggles to turn, i did get a new belt to see if the other one is bad, other then draining the gear oul i dont know. It also acts like it wants to skip in the engine when i hit a bump just right. Its a mess but its mine so im trying my best, i also have an IH A cultavision that has a woods finesh mower, it is losing power to so i have my hands full lol

1 - 7 of 7 Posts