My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought this thing at an auction . They may have seen me coming cause I may have gotten hooked this time. It was supposed to run, had not been run in a while and was out of gas. Had to pull the rope to crank, something wrong with the starter, but WOULD run. This one belonged to the auctioneer, someone I have known all my life and had faith in.

Now heres the thing.I started in on it and I cant get it to fire up. It had some visible fire coming thru the plug, and it will light you up if you hold the wire. Squirted ether right into the plug hole and put the the plug back in and pulled the cord, nothing. Didnt even attempt to fire the ether and the rope does not pull smoothly. I've had lawn mower motors pull like that before and had to replace the flywheel key. I dont know if these things have a flywheel key like a briggs motor does. Does anyone here know?

AND, anything else that anyone knows about making these things run would be appreciated.

·
Premium Member
15 Posts
based off the m# its a 2 stroke .could be a plugged exhaust port? i don't think it would be the reed valves. parts break down does not show a flywheel key

·
Long Time Thread Stalker
243 Posts
Being a 2 stroke, the position of the flywheel won’t affect it. It could be plugged ports, or a plugged air filter and/or a dirty carburetor

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, I'll be derned! I didnt know it was a 2 cycle. But yall are right, I read what you wrote and stopped right there and called the auctioneer and he said it was a 2 cycle.

Now I AM lost cause 2 strokes and me are not much acquainted.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what to do? It is hard to pull, about too hard for an old man. The auctioneer still says it will run, but like me it was too hard for him to pull start. He said that they had crunk it before with a big drill, like the racing lawn mower guys do.

·
Long Time Thread Stalker
243 Posts
Does it have a decompression valve? Look for a button or lever on the cylinder head. That will make it pull over easier

1 - 8 of 8 Posts