My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I guess I better try to hunt down part #1. My brake master cylinder wont hold fluid. Its leaking down behind the dash panel of the backhoe. So since its already 20 years old, Id just like to find a replacement master cylinder with reservoir. Anyone know what master cylinder goes on this? All I can see is the master cylinder reservoir (and its missing the cap anyway) and it looks like this in this pic on ebay 62759 Massey Ferguson Brake Master Cylinder 4200 4300 5300 | eBay

Anyone know if thats whats actually in hx50? If I follow the single brake line down to the slave cylinders, it splits at the end and sends one line into each slave cylinder. So the one in the pic seams not right since there is only 1 hard brake line coming from that area. Any help is much appreciated
tony

·
Premium Member
2,282 Posts
A master cylinder is not listed, but they do carry brake parts for a Massey. Might be worth calling them, and see if they would know where a person could find a master cylinder.Massey Ferguson Parts - Joseph Industries

I've bought brake parts for two different Case hoes, water pump, etc, for my 480C, and all parts are pretty decent for aftermarket, and they beat everyone else on price, hands down. Personnel seem to be pretty knowledgeable.

If you had the part number for the MC, it may be easier to find.

Doing a quick search, there seems to be new aftermarket slave cylinders, and rebuild kits for the slave cylinders, but no master cylinders.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
A master cylinder is not listed, but they do carry brake parts for a Massey. Might be worth calling them, and see if they would know where a person could find a master cylinder.Massey Ferguson Parts - Joseph Industries

I've bought brake parts for two different Case hoes, water pump, etc, for my 480C, and all parts are pretty decent for aftermarket, and they beat everyone else on price, hands down. Personnel seem to be pretty knowledgeable.

If you had the part number for the MC, it may be easier to find.

Doing a quick search, there seems to be new aftermarket slave cylinders, and rebuild kits for the slave cylinders, but no master cylinders.
That was a good try. I called them and they need a part number to be able to cross ref it. Of course, I dont have that, or a manual or anything for this machine. Any other ideas?

·
Premium Member
2,282 Posts
I did a search for a Massey Ferguson 50HX master cylinder and came up with 2 parts numbers. This is the M-F OEM part number 1471419M91

Using that part number, I got a lot of hits to Sparex aftermarket parts. Their part number in their catalog is S.102631. Trouble is, all of them are in Great Britain, and Australia.

Here is a link to one dealer in GB. S.102631 Brake Master Cylinder for Massey Ferguson (1471419M91) | Based in UK Price would be £155.43 GBP. Using a Pound to Dollar converter, I got this amount. 155.43 GBP = $219.84 USD.

I used that dealers conversion, from GBP to US dollars, and figured shipping to the US. Not as bad as I thought it would be. S.102631 Brake Master Cylinder for Massey Ferguson (1471419M91) | Based in UK

There are Sparex dealers here in the US, but using either number I got "0" hits on their sites.

Also found more than several master cylinder seal kits. Here is an example from SSB tractor parts. 1471419M91 - Discounted all Tractor Parts Catalog

Might try the OEM M-F number back at Joseph Ind. and see if they can come up with anything. You've got the price from the dealer in GB + $25+ for shipping as a price guide.

Now to decide what to do... :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I did a search for a Massey Ferguson 50HX master cylinder and came up with 2 parts numbers. This is the M-F OEM part number 1471419M91

Using that part number, I got a lot of hits to Sparex aftermarket parts. Their part number in their catalog is S.102631. Trouble is, all of them are in Great Britain, and Australia.

Here is a link to one dealer in GB. S.102631 Brake Master Cylinder for Massey Ferguson (1471419M91) | Based in UK Price would be £155.43 GBP. Using a Pound to Dollar converter, I got this amount. 155.43 GBP = $219.84 USD.

I used that dealers conversion, from GBP to US dollars, and figured shipping to the US. Not as bad as I thought it would be. S.102631 Brake Master Cylinder for Massey Ferguson (1471419M91) | Based in UK

There are Sparex dealers here in the US, but using either number I got "0" hits on their sites.

Also found more than several master cylinder seal kits. Here is an example from SSB tractor parts. 1471419M91 - Discounted all Tractor Parts Catalog

Might try the OEM M-F number back at Joseph Ind. and see if they can come up with anything. You've got the price from the dealer in GB + $25+ for shipping as a price guide.

Now to decide what to do... :)
Amazing job. I figured Id be ordering from over seas. I ok with that. At least I can get the part. Now I gotta get a number for the reservoir that attatches to this thing, as this old one is missing its cap and has a stress cracks in it from the sun. Thanks for your help :)

·
Premium Member
2,282 Posts
Wish I could find my own stuff that easy, LOL...

If they have the MC, surely they'd have the reservoir.

Good luck..!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi, did you ever find a brake fluid reservoir for your 50HX? I'm looking for one and haven't had any luck. Thanks!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts