My Tractor Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I’m in the market for a tractor and just want to make sure I’m paying fair price.

it has 900 hrs. Loader and backhoe.
I’m in PA

·
Registered
3,207 Posts
They sold for about 14K when new...... but, that's just the tractor. I am not real familiar with tractors of that caliber, but, that seems really high priced to me..... Even with the loader, and backhoe....

·
Super Moderator
37,082 Posts
Is it 2WD or 4WD? I would think about $15,000 with 4WD in really great shape:

From Tractorhouse.com:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'd say it's worth about half of asking price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thank you... it’s a used equipment dealer. So I’m frustrated that it could be that far off.

some guidance is to see what others are advertised for....

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
Thank you... it’s a used equipment dealer. So I’m frustrated that it could be that far off.

some guidance is to see what others are advertised for....
Well it's close to the price of a brand new 1025 or 2025 TLB, but that doesn't make it worth the same lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Parts collector
4,277 Posts
I'm with Trent that price is double what you can get one for around here. You can pick just a tractor up for around $7K around here.

I just bought a Duetz/Allis 5220 4x4 with a FEL and back hoe for under $7K It's the wrong color green but comparable in size.

Reactions: Trentofdestiny

·
Citizen of Earth
15,955 Posts
It's a low hour machine, but it is still 26 years old. Even with the loader and backhoe, I don't see $22,500 worth of value there. What does it look like? Is the loader bucket totally straight like it wasn't used much? Back hoe teeth still have square corners on them? The tractor totally rust free with no dings, dents or scratches, lights all work, starts up easily? I'm trying to justiy in my mind why he is asking that price.

·
Super Moderator
13,592 Posts
As others have mentioned, I can’t justify any 870 TLB package that’s worth 22,500. You could order a nice new 2025R w/o backhoe for the same price.

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
Most tractors (of this size) come with a loader. The backhoe is extra and good if you need one. But, may be a pain to remove and attach the 3PH when you need that.

$22K is way high. I am not even sure it would be a bargain at half the price, but that is, at least, more realistic. Dealers like to leave some haggle room. They might also be trying to take advantage of the the low availability of machines. If you NEED a TLB NOW, you might be willing to pay a stupid price for it. It is not a bargain, at least not in the good sense of the word.

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
The 870 is a CUT, so larger than the 1 series. It is also a gear transmission. That might have been great in the '70s or '80s, but I sure wouldn't want one for most tractor usage.

What do you plan on doing with the tractor?

That will help determine what size you need. If it doesn't have to have green paint from the factory, you can get something a lot cheaper. You should be able to get a new LS (or similar 2nd/3rd tier brand) TLB for that price instead of a (almost) 3 decade old one. You could probably have it painted green if that is really important to you.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts