My Tractor Forum banner

1993 craftsman GT6000 46" deck belts

3K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  Everlandfarm 
#1 ·
I am restoring a 1993 craftsman GT6000 with a 46" deck. Having trouble locating deck diagram for this model and it is missing the belt going from engine PTO to the main deck pulley. Anyone know the size for this vbelt? Or where I can find deck diagram with specifications?

#2 ·
Need the model number on the label under the seat. Then one of us can go look it up at Sears.

#6 ·
My old Craftsman uses the 46" deck and way back in the day, the Sears primary mower belt was about $75.

If you are insecure about DIY belt measurements, you might consider taking your old belt to a reputable mower shop and ask them to measure and match it. It still might be a pricey item though.

#7 ·
Thanks all. The diagram is close, but my deck looks different. Unfortunately I do not have the old belt to measure. I did take a rope and got a rough length measurement of 91". Installed the belt and it was pretty tight. It only last about 1 hr and broke clean in half. Replace it with an new 93" belt and will try it tomorrow. It seems to fit better.

#8 ·
FWIW, I cross referenced the number from the diagram above, 148763 and the dimensions were 85.375"X.625". So, if 91" was too tight, different deck or you reassembled pulleys wrong. In any event, the dimensions above are a reminder that Craftsman belts usually have funny fractions of an inch on the length so if OEM isn't available, will be tricky. Also, be aware that belts don't ride "down" in the pulleys but leave a space under them, so if the 91" fit but was bottomed in the pulleys that could cause early failure. Good luck,

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.