My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought this jeep truck it came from Chicago. It has 92,000 miles on it.
It's a 1 owner truck has a little rust on it. The guy I got it from said he hardly ever used the air on it. It doesn't blow cold so I had a guy check it out. He said the compressor is shot. My question is. Can I just buy a compressor and change it out? It's a R12 system so I would have to reteofit it. The shop quoted me a price which is more than I paid for the truck. I would appreciate your advice

·
Registered
281 Posts
I recently bought this jeep truck it came from Chicago. It has 92,000 miles on it.
It's a 1 owner truck has a little rust on it. The guy I got it from said he hardly ever used the air on it. It doesn't blow cold so I had a guy check it out. He said the compressor is shot. My question is. Can I just buy a compressor and change it out? It's a R12 system so I would have to reteofit it. The shop quoted me a price which is more than I paid for the truck. I would appreciate your advice
No reason you cant replace compressor yourself, then take it someplace and have it recharged. Around here a recharge depending on amounts and if any leaks, are 50.00 to 100.00

Maybe buy a retrofit kit yourself and have that already on when you take it in.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts