My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just hauled home a Model 670 16 hp 42 inch deck with a 7 speed trans. No matter where I place the shift lever it starts slow & then is in high gear. I can slow the ground speed down by pushing in on clutch/brake pedal but letting it all the way out just increases speed again HELP ANY IDEAS...........WOOLY

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
Hi Wooly, check your speed control rod and make sure the hairpin clip is still on it. If it is take the plate off that is in front of the seat and verify the the varidrive pulley is moving. Really sounds like a linkage problem.

Walter

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for your reply. I believe you are correct about the linkage. Here is problem number one. The clutch/brake pedal on the left side of the tractor is not in what I would call a normal position. It is all the way back in what I would almost call a over center condition. When you oush the clutch/brake pedal down it is very stiff. I down loaded the PDF file of the owners manual & printed it off so I could take the illustration out to the garage for a point of reference The linkage looks basicly like the picture but their is a lot of slack in the brake linkage for the little disc brake on the trans axle. I think the brake/clutch pedal being the way it is is part of the problem

1 - 3 of 3 Posts