My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
gravely73010.jpg
Just purchased this 1988 40" deck for $265! Can hardly see that it was ever used! Boy it does a great job! The gear box gets warm after about 45 mins of use. Probably closer to hot that warm. Grease is full and fresh. Is this normal?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Most excellent find! Can't speak for the newer 40 inch mowing deck, but my vintage deck gear box does get hot! Ambient temps around here have been in the mid-90's, my guess is that impacts operating temps.

View attachment 114926
Just purchased this 1988 40" deck for $265! Can hardly see that it was ever used! Boy it does a great job! The gear box gets warm after about 45 mins of use. Probably closer to hot that warm. Grease is full and fresh. Is this normal?

·
Premium Member
3,434 Posts
View attachment 114926
lol surely you are pulling our legs... why don't I ever find deals like that? :crybaby:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just the deck. Sorry for the confusion. I did get the machine with the 30" deck with less than 20 hours on it for $1,500, still not so bad!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts