My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The tractor was running fine until it sputtered and stalled. When I restarted it the engine instantly quit when I engaged the deck PTO. When I restarted it to take it back to the shed I had to manually press in the safety switch at the "stop" position to keep it running. I hadn't had any power loss prior to this happening.

·
Super Moderator
28,807 Posts
Check for loose wires, bad cable connections. Unusual for neutral safety to need to be held in to get keep running sounds like it is not sensing the seat safety switch. I would test the seat switch with an ohm meter for continuity.

And I forgot to welcome you to MTF 12Acres, so welcome! Enjoy the site!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you PA318Guy and Mark(LI) it was the seat safety switch, I probably should have thought about that.
I have used this site to find threads regarding various issues in the past but I was truly impressed to have 2 people offer up the correct diagnosis within a few hours. Thank you mytractorforum.com.

·
Super Moderator
28,807 Posts
Thank you PA318Guy and Mark(LI) it was the seat safety switch, I probably should have thought about that.
I have used this site to find threads regarding various issues in the past but I was truly impressed to have 2 people offer up the correct diagnosis within a few hours. Thank you mytractorforum.com.
Thanks for posting you got it resolved! Glad to have helped!

·
Registered
391 Posts
@12Acres thanks for reporting back. I don't know how many times I have been hopeful to find a resolution to a problem only to find that the OP never took the time to report back what finally fixed the issue.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts