My Tractor Forum banner
61 - 80 of 90 Posts

· Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #61 ·
a couple of updates, I was able to breakdown the rear tires and mount new ones in about twenty minutes, but I spent two nights after work fighting to get the beads to seat. I tried single ratchet straps, double ratchet straps, single wide straps, I tried a barrel trick that didn’t work for me, than I tried brake cleaner and a flame…that didn’t work (and the outcome was bad), so I gave in and brought them to a tire shop….$5.00 and 10 minutes later I was on my way. Maybe I’m stubborn, in my mind I just like to accomplish things on my own, I take pride in what I do. In my defense neither of the tires seat the first time for the tire shop guys.
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Locking hubs Tread

· Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #67 ·
Got back at it today, decided to flip the chassis up for easier access installing the H3 valve. I welded on an extension to the frame bracket to mount the valve. Glad I did because I found the frame rails cracked on both sides. I ground a grove into the cracks and welded them up.
Tire Vehicle Wheel Automotive tire Tread
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Wheel Wood Bumper
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Rim Bumper Gas

Wood Trunk Tree Water Tints and shades
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Bicycle part Rim Bumper

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Wood Gas Automotive wheel system

· Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #73 ·
I spent a few hours yesterday trying to figure out the correct/best location for the valve. Anyone have any pic's of an h3 valve and levers installed you can share showing the which handle try to which spool and the clock position of the arms at the bottom of the control levers where the linkage attaches. I've done multiple searches and found a few old posts that at one time had pic's but are now showing as missing, and I'm getting conflicting info on which handle to which spool. Thank you

· Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #75 ·
Got the valve mounted and linkage modified/attached. Had to cut a a small section of the crossmember out for linkage clearance. Re bend one set of links, extend one and shorten the other. Next is to plum it all.
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive exterior Bumper Gas

Motor vehicle Automotive tire Vehicle Hood Tire

Bicycle tire Automotive tire Bicycle frame Motor vehicle Bicycle fork

· Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #76 ·
I spent some time bending the steel lines for clearance and figuring out what I needed to make up and how I should route them. I should have made notes on what went where before taking it apart, tomorrow ill make up the hoses.

Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Vehicle

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Bicycle part Crankset Rim

· Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #77 ·
Looking at the wear on and around the front axle I decided to pull it. As someone suggested I’m going to drill and tap for a grease fitting at the pivot. The adjustment bolts are extremely worn down and into the frame pad. I filled in the void with weld and ground it back down smooth. I‘ll pickup some new hardware this week.
Automotive tire Wood Bumper Automotive exterior Gas

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Bumper Automotive exterior Wood

Tire Wheel Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive design

61 - 80 of 90 Posts