My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I inherited a really cool mower over the weekend. A 1982 Toro model 16300. Old style heavy duty 19" "whirlwind" aluminum deck with a 3hp Briggs (unfortunately). It has large rear wheels that say "TORO" on the sidewall. It's in really nice shape, dirty and a little rust on the handle, but it's all complete. The engine only has 65lbs of compression. It runs sometimes, but it hard to start. It just won't draw fuel unto the cylinder with that low compression. I have never seen another one like it. I had a 1986 21" whirlwind with a Suzuki 2-stroke that I really loved..but I sold it...surprisingly for a LOT of money. You could put a Suzuki on this deck by the looks of it. Is there any collector value in this thing? I would like to pass it on to someone who would get it running. I simply don't have the time and I'm not a 4-stroke guy. I have another 3hp Briggs that has a lot better compression, so they could be combined to make one running engine. If someone is interested in it, let me know. Otherwise it's going to sit until I get time to fix it. Maybe months, maybe years...who knows. I'll post pictures later.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I forgot to mention that there is a shroud that goes over the engine that I took off. It's plastic boxy and it looks better without it. Here's the pictures. I am sure it will look better cleaned up. It's been in a shed for 20 years.

Attachments

·
4,275 Posts
I forgot to mention that there is a shroud that goes over the engine that I took off.
It's plastic boxy and it looks better without it.
Here's the pictures. I am sure it will look better cleaned up.
It's been in a shed for 20 years.
Ohhh... Must have Toro with shround. :banghead3

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ohhh... Must have Toro with shround. :banghead3

I still have it, I just took it off to make it easier to access the carb and such.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts