My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks,
NewB to the forum and have a question. I picked up a Pony tiller this morning and the owner said that the clutch needed work. I paid him for it and took it home. When I got it home I removed the belt cover with the manual in hand I noticed that there were drive belts on both the high and low speed pulleys. I removed one and the tiller ran great with the exception of the handle for the transmission that engages the drive wheels falls into neutral once in a while. My question being is there any adjustment for the tension or detent on the lever that engages the drive wheels? It seems to do it in hard soil if the handle bars bounce. Thanks in advance!

·
I Love All Color Tractors
22,321 Posts
First, :Welcome1:

There is an adjustment on the Horse model, but I am not sure about the Pony. I've never worked with one.

I'm sure that there is someone here who has one and has worked on it before. Just be patient, that someone will show up soon, I'm sure.

Again, :Welcome1: and enjoy your stay.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply and for the welcome dj2cohen
I will be patient and hopefully someone else has had this issue and will respond. The tiller looks to be in very good shape I cant imagine the transmission is bad but I guess it is always a possibility. I have been reading here for some time and I know there are a ton of knowledgeable folks here. If I can get good advice I know it will be here. :fing32:

·
I Love All Color Tractors
22,321 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks I looked at the drawing and it looks like there is a friction plate that bolts down over the shift fork pinion shaft. I will take a closer look on the machine and see if there is some adjustment to it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I took the clamp off the pinion shaft and gave it a little tweak so that it would apply more pressure on the shaft. :greendr:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts