My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up an old POS lgt for 100 bucks, had been parked for 10 years, but I'm the second owner. Didn't run, had no battery, notna great machine, but it came with a mowing deck and a tiller so I figured I'd give it a shot. Anyway, 5 hours of work and it starts, runs, drives, and mows, but the throttle linkages were all broken when i bought it, and I cant for the life of me figure out how to put them together right. Could someone please share some experience and maybe some pictures to help me out? Thank you!

·
Administrator
5,421 Posts
Welcome........Someone should turn you in, you stole that thing, especially with the tiller. I have the older open sided LGTs, but I am pretty sure the linkages would be the same. Here is a pic of mine.....

The throttle linkage hooks to another lever at the other end of that spring, behind air cleaner....

Here is a diagram I found...Hope this helps a bit

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the response. That makes more sense lol. It looks like I have none of the parts from the governor spring till the cable. Guess I'm going shopping

·
Registered
3,792 Posts
Most any old Kohler single cyl K series engine thru the 70s and early 80s will have a similar setup.... not sure if new parts would be avail so you might have to check any lawn/garden junkers in your area. Take a pic without the aircleaner and lets see what you have.

·
Administrator
5,421 Posts
Looks like that is the wrong spring and you are missing the control bracket. I may have those parts laying around.....will have a look tomorrow, I am away today.

·
Registered
3,792 Posts
Harry I think your setup is older than his, you still have the solid connecting rod on that and I dont see the mounting hole in the block in his pic... but I do see a hole in the blower housing directly below the choke control and Im pretty sure some of them do mount there... which would explain the longer spring on the governor..... I'll take a look when I go out to the shop today... I must have about 10 differant Ks around here

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Harry I think your setup is older than his, you still have the solid connecting rod on that and I dont see the mounting hole in the block in his pic... but I do see a hole in the blower housing directly below the choke control and Im pretty sure some of them do mount there... which would explain the longer spring on the governor..... I'll take a look when I go out to the shop today... I must have about 10 differant Ks around here
Looks like your correct lance. So all I really need is that control bracket

·
Registered
3,792 Posts
I think this is the setup that would have been on there originally.... both the throttle and choke cables attach to it, then a hard wire goes up to the choke. I think this setup began in '77. Check any scrappers in your area first... if you cant find it locally I will sell this one but it has to come off a perfectly good engine so I would prefer not to.... but also Im gonna be visiting another scrapper here tomorrow so I'll check with him... the second pic shows everything you need included the choke wire.

Attachments

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I think this is the setup that would have been on there originally.... both the throttle and choke cables attach to it, then a hard wire goes up to the choke. I think this setup began in '77. Check any scrappers in your area first... if you cant find it locally I will sell this one but it has to come off a perfectly good engine so I would prefer not to.... but also Im gonna be visiting another scrapper here tomorrow so I'll check with him... the second pic shows everything you need included the choke wire.
Hey thanks lance. Yeah that's what I've been searching for all day today, I'll be looking a few more places, and I'll get back to you. What do you value that linkage at?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Surprisingly I have virtually nobody in my area that uses/collects/restores old garden tractor. I'm near winkler, manitoba. Wow, how a bit I do 1 dollar a year for a million years? Lol

·
Registered
3,792 Posts
Winkler!! Winnipeg area... there is GT junkies everywhere but they arent always easy to find.... Poncho and few other members here are in Ontario... not sure if we have anyone in Minnesota or North Dakota... are you on facebook?? there is lots of GT groups on there.... including Poncho's own "Real Garden Tractors"... there is also a couple differant Kohler engine groups.

A dollar a year???? Nope, Im too old for that.... might only get $5 before I drop dead!!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I havent been on Facebook in years lol. Yeah the dollar a year was a joke.... maybe I'm not a very good searcher then lol. I have fo uh nd some groups and such on the south side of the border, but these days its be alot easier just to be all canada with covid border restrictions and such. I am waiting on a response from a couple local guys though

1 - 20 of 26 Posts