My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey again guys!!! Finally gonna show off my completed 6259 restoration. I have to extend a huge thanks to a true gentleman here on MTF - "Echoman"!!! Not only has he gone above and beyond but has been a great advisor to me answering every question I have about everything having to do with my machine. He also performed a COMPLETE rebuild to the "F" engine on my 6259. We have since become great "texting" buddies and again I would like to thank him for everything he has done for me. Hope everyone enjoys the pictures as much as I like admiring my restoration!!!!

Carmine...

Attachments

·
Lawn-Boys and VW's
1,839 Posts
:trink40: Very nice !

·
Lifetime Lawn Guy
1,426 Posts
Looks great! Love the look of the commercials. I guess that model year didn't have the cage/fence around the front of the engine? I like that air cleaner set-up and that it has a metal carb.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Looks great! Love the look of the commercials. I guess that model year didn't have the cage/fence around the front of the engine? I like that air cleaner set-up and that it has a metal carb.

Thank you!!!
I know there was a metal engine guard available but i"m yet to have ever seen one installed...

·
Premium Member
5,415 Posts
That turned out very nice :fing32:

·
2 stroke enthusiast
6,568 Posts
Looks real nice Carmine! The non-compliant F has always been my favorite! I can surely say it runs very well, about the best I've had the chance to work on or rebuild. Truely a fine collectors piece from the OMC era of great mowers!

·
2-stroke exhaust junkie!!
442 Posts
Thank you!!!
I know there was a metal engine guard available but i"m yet to have ever seen one installed...
Nice job, looks great. Your decals are in better shape than mine. I've got one of those engine guards on my 6259 resto. Got it from a fellow member (thanks again). Here are some pics and threads on my resto.

http://www.mytractorforum.com/showthread.php?t=52751

http://www.mytractorforum.com/showthread.php?t=52750

One question, what type of handle brackets are on your 6259? Mine has the hole in the deck for the bag support rod, but the bracket does not have the "slot" for the rod to sit in and keep it from swinging around.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thank you all for your very kind comments!!!! This machine was the first commercial i ever used back when i was about 7 years old. Landscaper in my neighborhood had 4 of them & he would always let me use one to mow some of the houses on the block. From then i had always said i was going to get one of these machines for myself. Well, 30 years later i finally did it, lol!!!!

Thank you all again guys!!!!
Carmine

·
Lawn-Boy fan
1,566 Posts
Very nice! I've got one of those all busted up in my garage, hopefully I can make it look like yours someday.

Those are pretty unique with that old style carburetor also.

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
Congrats Carmine glad it turned out well.

·
Registered
1,977 Posts
absolutely freakin sweet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
The shroud and decals were remarkable for the age and being a commercial mower too.
I had said the same thing when i first bought the machine. I couldn't believe the condition, whoever owned before me definitely cared for this machine - Thank God!!!!

Thanks again guys for all the kind words about my resto!!!
Carmine.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts