My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I picked up this long neglected little tractor in the hopes of giving it a fresh start and me a winter project. I've never done anything like this before and as best as I can tell everything needs to be gone through. Pretty sure there is not one more place this tractor could possibly leak from.

As i have been going through the tractor i have been making lists of known parts and pieces I'll have to get. The engine (K321), electrical, and other miscellaneous items have been somewhat easy to find a source for. However, there are several things I haven't really been able to locate. In particular:

Gaskets, bearings and seals for the drive system (clutch - finals) and the electric pto clutch. My pto looks fried and i would like to use the mower that came with it.

I have the manuals and parts #'s, but haven't had much luck locating sources on the internet.

Would anyone be willing to share a link or contact information for someone who carries these parts or a part # cross reference for sourcing them locally.

Thank you. Going to go pull the engine today. Wish me luck.

·
Registered
487 Posts
You might want to check with the Economy / Power King tractor collectors on Facebook if someone here can't help you.

·
Registered
4,245 Posts
Hi cjtaeda welcome to the group and to Power Kings how about posting some pictures, there are a few places to find and get parts there a lot of parts on ebay, this company owns the rights to Power king tractors and mfg parts for them
https://powerkingtractor.com/
Another place is Power King Parts

·
Registered
4,245 Posts
Hi looks like your getting it cleaned up you could look on the top of the left frame rail aft of the clutch pedal some had the SN stamped into the frame there

·
Registered
4,245 Posts
Hi cjtaeda, thanks for posting that the SN make your tractor a 1979 model hows the refurbish comig?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thought I would give a quick update. Decided to only work on one or two major items at a time since I have zero experience doing this and having to figure it out as I go. Almost done with the engine rebuild. Plan to get it finished, try and test run it and then put it in the corner of the shop until much later. I have new bearings for the tranny and will tackle that next. Any tricks to reassembling upper transmission shaft with the 13 individual roller bearings? Seems like it will be hard to mate the two piece shaft back together while keeping those little boogers in the right place.

I originally stated this was a 78 model tractor, but then I included a picture of my frame serial # stamp and was corrected it was a 79. Later thought this didn't sound right so went back and looked. Noticed all the stickers on the sheet metal had a matching but different serial number than the frame stamp. All the digits are the same in the sheet metal and frame. Only difference is two of the digits in the frame # are reversed. Is there any way to tell which is correct? I am pretty sure its an all original tractor. Doesn't really matter, just curious.

More to come...

Attachments

·
Registered
596 Posts
just hold them in place with some wheel bearing grease or white lube

1 - 10 of 10 Posts