My Tractor Forum banner

1976 Sycamore Mower New In Box

3K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  PTodd 
#1 ·
I'm helping a friend who's father died, and he found multiple mowers. He tasked me with selling one. It's new in box. He gave us another one as well. When we opened the box to we see it is a Sycamore with a Briggs & Stratton motor.

Warranty was for one year on the mower...1976.

We put the one together, and I bought hopefully the right detergent oil as the directions list different SA types.

My question is though, I originally was just going to list on FB marketplace. But I don't know if there is any vintage value for a 40 year old mower, that's new in box? If so what would be a fair expectation on price?

Thanks for your help.

#4 · (Edited)
Hi and welcome to the forum. Some mower brands present a higher degree of value as collectibles however any mower that is of that era that is either new in box or new out of box should command a high price. Your best bet would be to list it on eBay and be prepared to offer shipping. The vast market of eBay will dictate the interest and the price. I have not sold anything on Facebook Marketplace however sights like Craigslist and others usually draw those wanting to spend very little to get very much. With that being said I have sold a number of mowers as well as other non lawn related items and if there are people out there with an interest they will find you. I can almost guarantee, however, that eBay with shipping will get you top dollar. Please be sure to post some pictures so we can take a look. Bill

#5 ·
Is this your mower model? Not sure it has any outstanding features, but someone with a Sycamore collection might see some value in an unused example..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.