My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a ST12 with the typical broken/missing fiberglass section where the hood hinges on the lower grill.

How do most guys handle this?...try to repair it or replace it?

I've looked on eBay over the course of the last week and there are no ST12/16 hoods available.

Is there another brand or year model that may work?

It's aggravating having to keep straightening the hood after vibrating around.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thank You,

Rod
Oriental, NC

Attachments

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I only need the upper grill section. I didn't realize until now that the upper grill was a separate part from the hood. The metal hood itself is fine.

$225.00?...On second thought I don't mind readjusting the hood every two minutes.

Thank You,

Rod
Oriental, NC

·
My spoon is too BIG!
76 Posts
i think there is a guy on yahoo group of sears tractors (searsgardentractorgroup) that makes a fix that changes the mounting point for the hinge. then you could fix your fiberglass yourself and have no stress on it. i think the kit is under 80 bucks

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Club member A1CNC had a metal repair kit he fabricated a while back, may be something to look into.

Joe

·
Registered
1,538 Posts

·
Registered
2,749 Posts
That one appears to have slots cut in the hinges?? Mine was just broke out so maybe it had?In repairing one--it's all about your skill level and tools,welder,etc.If your up for it,you can do it.Also,depends on what the end result you want--factory,brand new looking or not too bad on the eye.I had "something left to work with,but with some fiberglass and metal you can make do.What I came up with took the stress off the hinge part and transfered it to the metal band bolted around the hood.Worked out ok for me.NOT factory looking,but as stated,not too hard on the eyes.:trink40:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Your grill looks very nice Dude :) good job

·
Premium Member
5,948 Posts
This is a freebie hood that I got. Had been repaired by PO. He then broke the lower grille and gave up on it.

Attachments

·
Cranky Motorsports
15,270 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts