My Tractor Forum banner

1975 IH Cub Cadet 108

2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Steve Urquell 
#1 ·
Hello: I am new to this site. I am in Madison, Ms. and age 71 (where did all that time go?) I bought a 3 acre lot in 1979 and needed a good lawn mower to cut that grass with. The old IH/Pontiac/AMC dealer in my home town of Crystal Springs, Ms told me of a farmer nearby that had one he wanted to sell. It was a '75 108, 10hp and 44" cut. It had had some use but was pretty nice (muffler was off of a motorcycle). I bought it: $900 which was a pretty good bit of $ back in those days. Paid the bank off monthly. I have never regretted buying that Cub. I used it probably 1M hours (maybe less). Went through 3 engines: (one short block and 2 rebuilds.) In about '98 I bought a JD345 and retired the 108. In late '17 I restored it. It is ready for another 1M hrs but is never used now. These little tractors are TOUGH. Glad to be on this forum. ihave 2 JD345's and I'll post some photos of them on the JD site. Very few folks appreciate good lawn tractors; but I do!

Attachments

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.