My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
948 Posts
Just like the real world of buying & selling the value of what you sell is what someone is willing to pay. Some will look at your mower as a nice machine ready to cut grass but will only want to pay market value or less. Market value will depend upon your location. Some will look upon your mower as a nice antique to be used sparingly to cut grass. I have found out that if you refurbish mowers to make money you will only maybe break even in the long run. In the end most people consider a used mower just that a used mower and will want to pay accordingly. Your mower looks great and should bring in $ wise $250-$400 IMO. I am basing this price range on the asking prices on Craigslist in the Kansas City area. Check your local C list for a price range in your area of the country.

HOPE THIS HELPS

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks NOVA, I put it on Clist for $350 and have gotten over ten offers, someone did offer $350 so I may sell to him. so your estimation seems very accurate. I was wondering if the model I had was more desirable because of its age or if they are harder to find. Just because i had to much interest i didnt know if it was worth a lot more then my asking price.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I think $350 is pretty fair on it. I see good runners selling for about $200 alot, but not restored like that. I like that model due to the simplicity of it. I paid $75 for mine, but it is in pretty rough condition. Still mows like a champ though. I will be bringing it back to its former glory alittle at a time. Mostly after mowing season is over.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts