My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have accurate information on what Onan short block assembly would properly fit a 1974 Case 646-original engine CCKA 2481G? (ser 06 74 812365)

·
Banned
1,500 Posts
I'm afraid that I don't really understand your question. You have already quoted the correct engine type and spec number that is correct for the year and model. What else do you want to know?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry if I was unclear on my original post. Brian got it right. I was looking for the part number of the short block assembly. What I listed was the numbers off of the engine which would not be the part number Onan would use for the short block. Is 110 3422-18 the only usable block on this 646? Thanks

·
Banned
1,500 Posts
I don't know why it would be. The "customization" of any engine comes in the form of the alternator coil chosen, the depth and mounting bolt pattern of the oil pan, the governed speed, the style of crank output shaft, whether it has a starter or no starter and so forth. The basic block, pistons, heads, con rods, camshaft etc should be the same. Your issue is primarily the crank output stub, as I see it. Many of these engines were used in applications such as welders and generators that called for a tapered shaft.

I suggest that you contact Boomer on this forum. He's likely your best source of information and possibly an engine.

·
Premium Member
2,224 Posts
geno44.
i think brian has the correct#. ( i can check on that if nec., i,m working on getting my own list of 110-xxxx)

in later years 110-xxxx blocks were built to cover more than one application.
IE i have a B43G 110xxxx in stock.
1 1/8 crank, oil filter ready, ign. points ready, BUT it has the front cover to mount the electronic module, also # 1 cyl. can mount the P series starter.
SO this can work for G and P series.
as to your CCKA, it is going to be very hard to find.
call 651 437 2826 if you need more help.
thank you boomer

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I checked with the Ebay source. (Nice guy named Mike) He does not have the 110-3422-18. I am trying to put away a spare engine for this 646 so I don't have the old one out to measure. Castoff is certainly correct in that the crankshaft dimensions may be the main issue. I think the CCKA blocks, pistons, and rods were probably the same. It was the length and diameter of the crankshaft on both ends that most likely made the difference. I did post this over in the small engines forum also thinking someone over there might be able to help.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Unfortunately, I don't have the engine out of the tractor now. Onan says the crank is a 1 7/16" but I'm not in a position to verify that. I'm assuming that is the diameter, not the length it protrudes.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts