My Tractor Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know that the rear tires can be challenging to find for this model tractor, as I've read on the forum extensively...

I found some 27 X 8.50-15 Carlisle Trac Chief Tires online and I am wondering if they will work in place of the 27 X 9.5-15?

Any help and or recommendations would be appreciated!!!

·
The Magnificent
20,952 Posts
Yes, they will be just fine. Any narrower and you would need a tube. (I'd put a tube in these myself though).

Have you checked with our site advertiser, millertire?

·
Registered
441 Posts
for any tire that you put on measure from the rim to the fender and make sure you have enough room.This especially true if you plan using chains.

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Trac Chief are not a great tire for the 990. Skid steer tires in general just don't get a lot of traction. I do appreciate the fact though that it's really difficult to find a tire for a 15" rim.

This tire is 26.7" in diameter. As I recall the stock tires are closer to 27.5" so they're a little smaller.

Full specs: http://www.carlisletire.com/products/construction/trac_chief/index.html

·
Premium Member
10,287 Posts
Any reason why you couldn't use a 15" car of light truck tire? There are a lot of those, some very reasonably priced. I think some raised white letter truck tires would be slick!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.