My Tractor Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I am working on restoring a Case 444 that my Grandfather bought new in 1972 and has served us proud over all that time.

I have to replace the PTO friction disc and putting in new replacement shims. Sadly, i am stuck at removing the fan bolt. I have used a lot of penetrating oil, but the lefty loose is not working. i actually get the entire kohler engine to shift.

Any super secrets on a bolt probably not touched since 1986?

Thanks,
Paul

·
Super Moderator
37,069 Posts
BTW welcome to MTF Paul! Lots of info here and great members to help, enjoy the site! Here is some site navigation assistance in case you need it:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It's amazing the emotional change in 5 seconds. Bolt turns, fan off, ... Notice bolt broke :(.

I have tried to follow the manual, but any help on how to remove the 2 Allen bolts and what ever is next is greatly appreciated.
20210115_120205.jpg

·
Hemlock Case Guy
321 Posts
Hello,
I am working on restoring a Case 444 that my Grandfather bought new in 1972 and has served us proud over all that time.

I have to replace the PTO friction disc and putting in new replacement shims. Sadly, i am stuck at removing the fan bolt. I have used a lot of penetrating oil, but the lefty loose is not working. i actually get the entire kohler engine to shift.

Any super secrets on a bolt probably not touched since 1986?

Thanks,
Paul
Too late for your broken bolt but the shim adjust fan bolt is a left-hand thread bolt. Once you get the broken piece out of your shaft or source a new-used shaft the bolt is likely available from a dealer. Looking for a new-used shaft may be your easy way out.

There are many documents available with a simple internet search. Your owner's manual, the shim adjust clutch manual is pretty easy to find and download. The shim adjust manual would have noted the bolt is a left-hand thread. You can search the library files through the forum, but that is what Google does, and does it better.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts