My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone! I am currently working on a 3D model of a 1971 Power King Tractor for my portfolio to graduate from college. I was curious if anyone had some solid side/profile, front, and back pictures of one. I have gone through a few threads and gotten several awesome pictures but I really need a side picture. Also is there anyone who owns one in Texas around the DFW area who wouldn't mind letting me take pictures? Down below is a render of my last piece I worked on which was a Cavalier C-51 Coke Machine just to give an idea of what I do. Once I accomplish modeling it I will make sure to put up a render on here :D. Thank you for your time!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Would the manual help? It includes parts diagrams and drawings of each portion of the tractor. If you join the yahoo groups power king forum they have a lot of the files available for downloading. Also Larry Goss sells thumb drives with tons of info on PKs for $10. I hope that helps. EJP

Sent from the MTF Free App

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Would the manual help? It includes parts diagrams and drawings of each portion of the tractor. If you join the yahoo groups power king forum they have a lot of the files available for downloading. Also Larry Goss sells thumb drives with tons of info on PKs for $10. I hope that helps. EJP

Sent from the MTF Free App
Oh wow that would be awesome. I honestly didn't even think of the manual thank you! Thank you for the help. Greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
461 Posts
If you want to see one up close try Jerry Frank in Taylor, TX.

Google The Tractor Barn for a phone number and address.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I know this is probably a stupid question, but I have been looking at the dimensions for the tires of this tractor and honestly I cant decipher the information given. I would assume that its the wheelbase but it can't be the same number for both the front and rear. I am going to guess its probably right in front of my face but any help would greatly be appreciated it. I will continue to look for the answer and also post up a progress shot of what it looks so far in a bit.

·
Registered
564 Posts
I know this is probably a stupid question, but I have been looking at the dimensions for the tires of this tractor and honestly I cant decipher the information given. I would assume that its the wheelbase but it can't be the same number for both the front and rear. I am going to guess its probably right in front of my face but any help would greatly be appreciated it. I will continue to look for the answer and also post up a progress shot of what it looks so far in a bit.

I guess I'm not sure what you are asking, but in the chart there are 2 different (but very similar) tractors listed (Jim Dandy and Power King) and 2 different wheel diameters listed for the Power King. Different widths are from turning the wheels around making different offset widths.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Hi,

If you are looking for tire outside diameters, here are the dimensions from the pk literature-you are missing the power king column.
4x8-16" od front
4x12-20" od front
8x16 turf-30.5" od rear
8x16 ag-31.7" od rear
8.3x24 ag-38.5" od rear

I will pm Larry Goss's contact info.

Chuck

1 - 9 of 9 Posts