My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am restoring a 1971 Custom 10xl. The tractor didn't have an engine when I got it so I need the path that the throttle cable runs. I have an HH100 engine in there with the starter/generator. I know the cable come up to the carb from the flywheel side and down low. Any pics of the rest and where it goes from the dash? Thanks Pete

·
Registered
933 Posts
No pics, I'll get some tomorrow, but mine runs around the output shaft side of the engine(the right side as you're sitting on the tractor).

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. Some of the them run along the left side under the flywheel cover. I see you are in Butler County, J.Gibson. I am in Gibsonia Pa right below you !!!!

·
Registered
933 Posts
Thanks. Some of the them run along the left side under the flywheel cover. I see you are in Butler County, J.Gibson. I am in Gibsonia Pa right below you !!!!
Forgot to get pics today, I was running all day. But I WILL have them tomorrow. Are you going to the plow day at the beacon hotel next Saturday? I'm taking my SS14 and maybe my Custom 10XL. It starts at 8:00am and runs til dark. Here's a link--> http://api.viglink.com/api/click?fo...S Chapter 34&jsonp=vglnk_jsonp_13198659147641

It's sponsored by the International Harvester Collectors, but all makes are welcome.

·
Registered
933 Posts
Got some pictures of the throttle cable, but misplaced my memory card and can't transfer to my computer until I find it.
I was mistaken, the choke cable runs down the output shaft side of the engine, but the throttle cable runs down the flywheel side, between the steering column and the engine, under the flywheel tin along the frame and up to the carb.

·
Registered
933 Posts
Choke cable.

Throttle cable from dash.

Hard to see up to carb.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Does anyone know if there are 2 types of cables? Meaning one that pushes the throttle and one that pulls the throttle. If I run mine where it is supposed to run down under the flywheel cover I have 2 problems. #1 it is too short and #2 when in the slow position it has the throttle open and when moved to the fast position it closes the throttle. It appears to do this because when in the slow position the cable is pulled in and when u move the throttle it pushes up on the governor arm that moves the throttle. It seems i need a throttle assembly that pulls on the throttle when it is moved from slow to fast. Mine does the opposite and would work this way if the cable came from the top of the engine like my custom 6 does. The throttle assembly was on this tractor when I got it with no engine so I don't know if it is original and could be from another custom if there are 2 types. Thanks Pete

·
Registered
88 Posts
Does anyone know if there are 2 types of cables? Meaning one that pushes the throttle and one that pulls the throttle. If I run mine where it is supposed to run down under the flywheel cover I have 2 problems. #1 it is too short and #2 when in the slow position it has the throttle open and when moved to the fast position it closes the throttle. It appears to do this because when in the slow position the cable is pulled in and when u move the throttle it pushes up on the governor arm that moves the throttle. It seems i need a throttle assembly that pulls on the throttle when it is moved from slow to fast. Mine does the opposite and would work this way if the cable came from the top of the engine like my custom 6 does. The throttle assembly was on this tractor when I got it with no engine so I don't know if it is original and could be from another custom if there are 2 types. Thanks Pete
I have a hydro tract like that..somebody put the wrong one on it or something. It will still work you just have to remember it's backwards.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That's what I have been doing. Also, since it is too short I had to run it a different way !!

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I know that because mine is supposed to come from under the engine and the one I have works if you would be running the cable from the top.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts