My Tractor Forum banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
My boss (in 1980) had one like the first picture, 454ss. He bought it new in 1969.

I drove it once. Not fun in traffic with the 4 speed stick and 1/2 ton clutch.
I sure would have liked to try it on an open road...

Later, he was out driving it when another 454ss Chevelle pulled up next to him, and they had a little street drag from the stoplight.
My boss was so upset, he installed an NOX kit.
5 of us piled in for the test drive.
Boss drove us out onto the highway, and hit the NOX button.
The car took off like a rocket; speedo needle went to the right, we were going so fast, a station wagon seemed to be reversing towards us.
Boss never touched that button again.

I called him in 2008; he was 70 or so, and still had the Chevelle.

·
Registered
157 Posts
i've had the 70 since new, the LS6 is built big time and yes the NOX kit is hidden but it's there, again the 4 spd stone crusher is now a richmond 5spd . all the numbers correct parts are stored, she is in bad need of a restoration but still turns heads for what it is,

the SRT is a 2022 i got a month ago after waiting 8 months for it to be built, scatpack padel shift auto 485 hp hemi and yes it's a handful as is, don't need the 808 hp beast, upside is how comfortable it is to drive , is it worth the 60k price? each to their own

side note for all .i'm not a 1 brand guy, have each ,my 07 mustang is a sleeper, the V6 is built by supersix motors in GA, topped by a eaton blower pushing 15 pounds makes 440 hp on the ground

Attachments

21 - 27 of 27 Posts