My Tractor Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about Tractors? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I apologize if this is in the wrong section but I got a question regarding this ad for the JD guys. Is this tractor worth it??? I don't know value of these older tractors. Thanks in advance for your help!!!

http://wichita.craigslist.org/grd/2786673881.html

·
Shop = My Therapy
3,157 Posts
I would say that it is a pretty fair price for a tractor with rear pto, sleeve hitch, blade, and deck that are in nice shape. Shifter isn't that hard to change.

·
Registered
615 Posts
I would jump on that! 120's seem to be very rare, but they are a poor mans 140. The blade and the sleeve hitch will bring in about half of that value at least! Seems like an easy fix and a good deal

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
Not alot of 120's out there it seems. I think it's all the same as the h1 140 with 12 hp instead of 14. Seems like he's willing to deal. If not $900isn't bad with the attachments.

·
aceman
337 Posts
this has to be the only 120 for sale that i have seen way too far for me or I would be all over it

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
Blade is worth $400 if it is not junk, manual's used $100 and it look's like a sleeve hitch hanging off the back? The tractor look's to be in decent shape if you desire a 120 it look's like a good buy they are not too common any hard core collector would love to have it. BILL

·
Lawn Boys Never Die
2,042 Posts
That was on e-bay and sold, I was watching it. I guess the buyer fell through. Then again seeing as it was from the 12th, its probably just another lazy seller who never takes their adds down.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Yeah, I was watching that on ebay as well. I was going to go get it (about 6 hours away) but couldn't quite come up with the cash. My cousin has a 120 so it would've been neat. I think that's a pretty good price for everything. I gave $350 for my 140 that had been sitting for who knows how long with no deck or attachments at all.....

·
Banned
12,901 Posts
I sold a blade just like that for a tad over 500 bucks just 4 months ago.. Thats a good "fair" price if she runs nice and it's what your wanting.. Its a nice step in between a JD112 and a 140h3. Once you have hydro you never want to go back to gear..

·
Super Moderator
17,717 Posts
Lets see On evil Bay I paid $1,000 for a 140H3 In 2006. Through Private Sales I paid $450 for a 54inch Blade, $500 for a Cat 0 3point evil bay, $75 for a Integral Hitch with Tiller Lift Bar evilbay and $50 for a Integral Hitch Lift Bar through a Member from MTF and since the 120 Is One of the Rare Breed Of Deeres $900 is worth It and If You Need Parts Don't for Get about these JD Bone Yards
http://www.jdlawntractor.com/
http://www.tractorsalesandparts.com/

What I consider the JD Rare Breed Garden tractors
245 Not the GT 245

:thThumbsU

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.