My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Lawn Boy
1,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think I posted this before, can't remember.... I know it's not a mower, but people here have an appreciation for vintage stuff

I've had this thing forever, my dad bought it new back in 1970 when they bought the house.
I'm sure it's not worth anything collectible-wise, but before I throw it on Craigslist for $10, I thought someone here might be interested just for the fun of it. Free if you want it, I'll ship if you buy the stamps.

20171011_184551.jpg 20171010_123021.jpg 20171010_123005.jpg

·
5,404 Posts
Pretty cool Murph! Anyone know why they called it a marking spreader/lawn marker? Bill

·
Lawn Boy
1,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Pretty cool Murph! Anyone know why they called it a marking spreader/lawn marker? Bill
The Lawn Marker thing was an attachment for that one wheel. You'd remove the round black plug on the "hubcap" (conveniently marked "fill here") and fill it with maybe some fertilizer or some sort of chalk maybe? (we never used it) and then as you walked along, it would leave a little white line showing where you had been already. If you zoom in, you can see 8-10 little round holes around the outer diameter of the hubcap-thingie.

The few times I've used this, I never felt the need for something like that since the tire-marks in the grass would be a pretty good hint, but it's a fun gimmick just the same. Now that I'm thinking about it, I can see this being more of a hassle than anything else. You'd have to put just the right amount in there or the humidity would clump it all up in the tub, or it would leave a little line everywhere you pushed it (like into the garage, moving it around, etc)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts