My Tractor Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about Tractors? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a 1968 Raider 12. I intend to use it with my Brinly 10" moldboard plow in my garden. Prior to deciding to buy this tractor, I had a different tractor that I ordered a Uni-Sleeve from Johnny Products for. In case you don't know, the Uni-Sleeve is a universal electric sleeve hitch kit. The kit arrived after I decided to sell that tractor and buy the Wheel Horse. I see that my Raider has the ability to have a clevis/sleeve hitch actuated by a cable. I am trying to decide if I should use that or if I should install the electric sleeve hitch and just wanted to get some opinions. The only reason I am considering the electric is that it can apply downwards force and unless I am mistaken the cable actuated one would only have gravity to hold the implement down. Am I correct?

·
Premium Member
1,214 Posts
Once that moldboard plow digs into the ground, I think it will go down pretty much on it's own. The plows weight is enough to ge it to the ground.

·
Super Moderator
17,722 Posts
While it may seem nice to use the OEM Clevis Hitch I have a WH 416H. Honestly even after adjusting it to max lift Height the plow still barely clears the Earth for transport . I would say if you can adapt Johns Uni- Sleeve hitch to work on the WH if you can. I have a Uni-Sleeve Hitch on my JD GX335 and it's a great tool to have. Really that had been the only downside of the WH is there clevis hitch(sleeve hitch) implement lift height when transporting. I use the clevis hitch with a rear blade or sleeve hitch cultivator (y)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle

Went with the Uni-sleeve. I fabbed up the bracket for the switch and also the hitch adapter myself. The hardest part of the install was getting it square to the frame.

·
Super Moderator
17,722 Posts
Oh, and I also had to modify it slightly (note the notches cut at the top) so that I had clearamce to still be able to flip the seat up if needed.
Hey Take some Pictures of where the sleeve Hitch Upper straps are Mounted Into if You Can (y)

·
Super Moderator
17,722 Posts
Here you go. Took a couple spacers but it seems solid. I will get better pictures when i get a chance.
Was that a existing hole in the tractor where that Bolt is sticking out ?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Its a new hole I drilled. I am considering making my own bracket to fit the frame because Im not super happy with how that install looks, but it does seem to work.

·
Super Moderator
17,722 Posts
Looks Great (y)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts