My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
I found a 1967 john deere 112. The engine smokes a little and needs a tuneup. The seat is origanal and it comes with a snow blade and mower deck. The guy wants 600 for it and not sure that it is worth it. The only thing he has going is that it is vintage. I was thinking 450 but i dont know. I have also seen these with loaders on them and i was wondering if it was custom or if they came this way because they were a heavy duty tractor and it was bigger. If you would like to see pictures go to craigslist minnesota and then go to farm and garden then type in john deere 112.
Thanks,
David

·
Registered
4,002 Posts
Depends on condition!

I gave just over $300 for my 67-112 a few years ago w/o any attachments, & not the original engine (it is an HH100).

Even $450 sounds like plenty to me, but then I'm a little tight sometimes! I'd rather pay a little less & do some work myself.

The Tecumseh parts are getting harder to find, but available. And the Walbro carbs can be touchy. But if it's in good shape, the 112 is a nice tractor to have.

As for the loader, JD used "Allied Vendors" for attachments they didn't make. I have a Johnson #12 on my 69-140, I think the Johnson #10 fits the RF 112.

Keep us posted! ~~ grnspot110

·
Super Moderator
31,833 Posts
IMHO 600 is a little high. OK, well if the deck is solid, and useable right now, with good spindles, and the tractor looks nice, and is solid.. ya, could be worth it...

Is that the same tractor that AnotherHickey posted???? If so I belive it has a swapped engine. I think... and some one tell me if Im wrong.. that all the Round fender 112's had the Tecu engine. Granted I like the Kohler a LOT beter myself.... but still.. The smoking... could be anything. Could be a pluged breather, or the wrong oil...

Im thinking $450 myself unless the deck is shot, or there is other stuff damanged on the tractor that I cant see.

·
Registered
4,002 Posts
I would want to see it first! A 67 would NOT have a Kohler as the original engine, although it would be an improvement! In the pics, it loks to be a good restore project, the lights are not original. ~~ grnspot110

·
Super Moderator
31,833 Posts
This is one thing I cought...

The only thing he has going is that it is vintage.
The thing is.. A 67 112 is not THAT collectable IMHO. Seem to me that its the early years that bring the most money, and as the years go on, the value drops. [like a stone after the change to SF!!!]

1 - 7 of 7 Posts