My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
972 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to be selling off some mowers soon. So I cleaned this one up snapped some pics and quick video.

Its a 67 model, I got it from the original owner last winter. It was in regular use until 2 years ago. The video is short because the battery croaked on the camera. It runs very good. Its a C78 engine, its very quiet. The kill switch doesn't work. To me, this one is too nice to repaint.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1K8876O-PwE

more pics here
http://s75.photobucket.com/albums/i310/lovemysan/lawnboy pics/

·
Registered
437 Posts
I agree. I wouldn't repaint that one. It's in great all original condition. Good luck with the sale.

·
Lawn-Boy fan
1,566 Posts
Some day I hope to find a buttercup. That's like the only "old" one I want. Looks good as it is, you'll do good with your sale.

·
Registered
972 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Do you guys think $125 is a fair asking price. I'm going to try craigslist first. This is one of my favorite mowers that I have, its very unique and in usable condition(meaning that its running and not too nice ). The problem is I'm limited on storage so I'm culling the ones that don't have a utility purpose.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I'm going to be selling off some mowers soon. So I cleaned this one up snapped some pics and quick video.

Its a 67 model, I got it from the original owner last winter. It was in regular use until 2 years ago.
A couple of things - definitely too nice to repaint. It looks awesome as it is right now. Repainting would probably make it look worse. Secondly, poor guy. It couldn't have been easy to give up a mower that was purchased new in '67? I mean the guy's been using this Lawn-Boy for 40 years! Did he cry when you drove away with it?

·
Registered
216 Posts
Wow now thats a perfect example of patina.

The font on the name is crazy, whats with the "A" and the "B"? So cool!
Also I think your price is more than fair.
If tgore or anyone else thats spoken up passes, please let me know.

·
Registered
972 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I'll honestly list the known problems.

1) I think there is a piece missing out of the deck on the discharge right at the wheel. Otherwise no cracks or welds.

2) The kill switch is not working

3) The front wheels have cracking in the treads (there is a picture in the photobucket link)

4) The blade is getting old and has been sharpened alot. Its missing 1/2" of the leading edge. Still usable but I would replace if I was going to use it regularly.

5) The small brackets that prevent the handle from flopping forward have been bent and straightened. The PO put some wire around them to prevent further damage.

6) The choke pull doesn't stay up on its own.

7) One of the muffler bolts was difficult to tighten because the bolt wanted to spin in the case.

8) Could use a more thorough cleaning as I just did a quick once over.

9) I cut the air filter out of an F filter.

The ports are clean. The gas tank is beautiful inside.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Some day I hope to find a buttercup. That's like the only "old" one I want. Looks good as it is, you'll do good with your sale.
I have one but it has a hole in the deck. The only thing I've done with it is take it off the shelf to snap a quick picture. I imagine the deck could be repaired fairly easily. Where am I going with all of this?

:hide:

1 - 20 of 37 Posts