My Tractor Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
MTF Junior Poster Esq.
7,645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dang. Low on money. Hopefully no collectors will notice this auction.

Looks rough but all the belt covers and shields are there. Grille missing. Hood is pretty cracked. Engine is supposed to be bad. (and here me with all these 8hp kohlers sitting on shelves)

Allis Chalmers 6 wheel terra tiger non running there too.

Dang.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,413 Posts
Are those narrow front rims on the 110? You should buy :D

·
Citizen of Earth
16,337 Posts
Check the serial number, if it's lower than 3551, then it's a '63 (first year) and worth a little more. Of course if it's number is 2551, then you found the first one ever made and can pretty much put yourself in the Deere Hall of Fame as everyone and their brother is looking for that one, no one knows where it went.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Are those narrow front rims on the 110? You should buy :D
Im new to all of this! What is the deal with the nerrow rims? What does that mean?

Also :goodl: on your bid!

·
AKA Moses Lawnagan
4,654 Posts
Check the serial number, if it's lower than 3551, then it's a '63 (first year) and worth a little more. Of course if it's number is 2551, then you found the first one ever made and can pretty much put yourself in the Deere Hall of Fame as everyone and their brother is looking for that one, no one knows where it went.
Wish I was closer, I'd sure jump on it. I've never quit kicking myself for selling the '67 110 I used to have. I don't think this is the ealier model, bontai, didn't they have a 3-bolt rear wheel hub (even though the wheels are 5-hole). The pics above show 5 bolts on the rear wheel.

·
Citizen of Earth
16,337 Posts
You are right on the wheels, I just get to wishing sometimes. I check the serial number on every round fender I see just in case.

·
MTF Junior Poster Esq.
7,645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
303XX makes it a 1965.

Supposed to be 2 more 110's in pieces being dragged there. Probably flat fender pans since the rear tires look a little wide on this one to me for a 1965.

Probably a couple of those ugly old white ones. LOL

·
Premium Member
1,488 Posts
Those round fenders sure look nice. I may have to think about adding one to my collection.

·
MTF Junior Poster Esq.
7,645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
went by again tonight at duskish. The other two that have been rotting in the woods got dragged up, they are both round fenders too! One has narrow fronts. Both have narrower rears.

One is M11011057411M which I think if you throw out all the 110's makes it a 1966 and the other is SN11011047002M which using the same logic would also be a 1966.

They all have decks and belt covers and aside from some massive surface rust and dirt, they may be solid.

One of the new 110's is missing the engine and the other two are missing some of the belt guards. All have junk hoods. Both the others have good grilles I think. one good pan seat and one junk swapped on seat.

Unless someone crazier than me shows they should all 3 come home with me tomorrow..

·
Registered
412 Posts
i think if it was a 1963 it would be a 3speed not 4 speed and it would have a 7 hp not 8. later paul

·
MTF Junior Poster Esq.
7,645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Eeesh.

Apparently some people have deeper pockets than I do.

The 110 in the picture went for $190, the other two much worse ones went for $130 each.

Not awful prices, but not wonderful deals either. The deceased owners brother in law or nephew or something bought them all. I did manange to come in second on all 3 which is a lot closer than the terra tiger. I never got to bid. Bidding started at $500 and sold for $1200! And it was locked up!

·
Premium Member
5,413 Posts
Wow it never ceases to amaze me what people will pay for some stuff. Too bad its never anything I'm selling :sidelaugh

·
Administrator
13,146 Posts
Eeesh.

Apparently some people have deeper pockets than I do.

The 110 in the picture went for $190, the other two much worse ones went for $130 each.

Not awful prices, but not wonderful deals either. The deceased owners brother in law or nephew or something bought them all. I did manange to come in second on all 3 which is a lot closer than the terra tiger. I never got to bid. Bidding started at $500 and sold for $1200! And it was locked up!
I don't see too many RF John Deeres around here so I think I would have given the $190 for the first one. It seems to be all there and restorable. Re-pro hoods are available and if I did invest the money I'd have a real nice mower. A neighbor down the road has one and it really is neat to see him use it to cut his lawn. Take care..

·
MTF Junior Poster Esq.
7,645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Next bid to me was $200 and I have bought and seem round fenders in running condition go for just over $300 here. And I wanted it to make money from, not keep. I did see a 1963-64 sell for $1200 in unrestored but running condition, so the right one is worth pretty good money.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts