My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up an in pieces 64 Landlord with sickle mower, snow blower, and deck.

I am currently working on another project so this will have to sit for a while.

It is missing the hood, top of the front grill, and probably several other items I have not found out yet.

I have wanted a sickle mower for my collection so I am really excited about this deal.

These earlier models almost look like they are red in the pictures......what is the true color???

·
'Simple' MTF Member
4,448 Posts
Fantastic package!! The sickle bars are fun, but you need to be careful running them. The book says 1/2 throttle, and I wouldn't push it.

I like the '64's with the black dash. I konw the 700's and 725 were more 'red' than the Landlords, but your '64 should be orange like the other Simplicity roundhoods that followed. If it was redone, it may be a shade or two different.

Where's the pics?? =]

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My pictures are on the other computer......will get new ones tomorrow and post.

I too like the 64 landlords with the black dash......I dont think this one had headlights.....I noticed they have welded some metal on the frame possibly where the frame and rearend meets.....this an area for problems??

I am going to keep my eye out for another running in better shape 64 landlord just in case this becomes too much of a project.

I am sure I am going to need alot of help getting this on back up and running.

·
'Simple' MTF Member
4,448 Posts
Yeah, they like to crack out in front of the bgb. The later models, starting in '68, I believe, had an improvement to the frame, where the extended it back beyond the bgb plate, and caught a couple tranny plate bolts. It allowed for a lot more support. Ive had to weld a couple of the round hood machine frames there.

·
Old Iron 1%er
873 Posts
Thought I'd bump this thread while waiting for pics :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts