My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I brought home a 1963 sears suburban 725 about a week ago as my new project here it is the morning after bringing it home

Attachments

·
Registered
36 Posts
Between dirt, gass clippings, and those little buggers building nests in them, it's a wonder sometimes when they don't overheat.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Couldn’t find what the gasket set part number was so I just made a new gasket for the base of motor now the oil isn’t leaking out

·
Cranky Motorsports
15,177 Posts
Those are great little work horses. The briggs feel like they have a lot more power because the gearing is so low. Good find, and I'm glad you are keeping it going. I had one several years back, and I traded it to a friend of mine who has more David Bradleys than sears. He loves the Briggs.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I’m Trying to find a spray can that is close to that blue. Anyone have a suggestion?

·
15,000 +posts!
19,934 Posts
Engine paint looks close to "Ford Blue" tractor paint...the tractor has a lighter blue ,I think Rustoleum makes a light blue close to that..if you google "rustoleum paint chart" under "Images" you'll see paint color charts showing what colors they have available..

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
No the white parts That are bolted to the footrests. I think they are for some kind of attachment but don’t know what. They both have two bolts in them that attach to something

·
Premium Member
3,470 Posts
Sorry, it wasn't clear what bits you were referring to. This looks like a job for....Previous Owner... They don't look oem, so they could be for virtually anything.

·
15,000 +posts!
19,934 Posts
Maybe they were added so a later "sissors deck" would fit on it ?...
Maybe a home made grader blade or something else was used on it before you got it.
They dont look "factory" to me,but then I have not seen many older Suburbans like this one up close..

·
That there's worth fixin'
1,889 Posts
Dose anyone know what these are for

That bracket is for holding the control rods for the snowblower attachment.

As far as color, try 1971 Chevrolet Bridgehampton Blue. Chevy's code is "979". The original Sears color was called "Seaton Blue" and has a small amount of metallic in it. Hard to see it when old and faded but it's there.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks I’ll look into that blue and I guess I’ll have to keep ahold of those brackets incase I ever get a blower

·
Cranky Motorsports
15,177 Posts
Thanks I’ll look into that blue and I guess I’ll have to keep ahold of those brackets incase I ever get a blower
69L46Vert is the authority on these tractors if you ask me. :)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts