My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found a 1960 Power king along the road for sale. Has no tin at all, pull start, runs, Wisconsin engine.

Any idea what this is worth? I'm not interested but PM me and I tell you how to get there.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
the 1960 should have a round hood and fenders. the engine is correct though

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Same place I bought the last one, getting interesting; however, they got wise to the price of things... and are looking to make it on this one.

·
Still plays with tractors
2,290 Posts
I'm not clear as to when they stopped offering tractors without tin but I agree with BMXkid, it should have the round hood and fenders. Not necessarily the tunnel as the standard models didn't come with it. They offered 3 engines in 1960, one of which was a wisconsin AENL so that is probably original. I would get the serial number to verify the year unless of course you've done that already and you know it's a 1960. The serail numbers for 1960 ran from 6808 to 7707 just in case you would get the chance to stop and take a quick look. It's not going to be worth all that much if it is a 1960 and missing the tin. The hoods are really hard to find and I think that would deter a lot of people from buying it. I would want to verify the year before we waste too much brain power on value.

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks. They want stupid money for it. The lady got on the phone with someone who told her a running PK was worth 1000.00.
Of course he didn't know it was missing a ton of stuff and no tin

·
2,290 Posts
Ouch. Well, it seems to me that he should go ahead and buy it then because nobody else will. They'll find out as it sits through the winter. That's the dangers of today when everyone is so much of an "expert" that they don't even ask certain questions before putting a value on something like that. It raises the hopes of the seller while driving buyers away. You HAVE to ask questions about these tractors in particular before you can put a price on them. Serial number (because so many think they have an older or newer tractor than what they actually have), does it have hydraulics, three point and dual transmission, all of which add significant value to the machine. Try to get pictures. NEVER take their word on condition. Some folks look at things through rose colored glasses and think their old worn out tractor is like new. The value of these tractors vary greatly from region to region. Well, enough said about this. I gotta get back to work.

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
no hydro, no dual trans, pull start not electric, paint is bad. other than that it's cherry;)

·
2,290 Posts
no hydro, no dual trans, pull start not electric, paint is bad. other than that it's cherry;)
Original rust, huh? Sounds like about a $300 tractor tops.

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It's worth maybe 200 tops in my book. At this point it's a parts tractor and would only have real value to someone who has the same model and year

·
2,290 Posts
I guess it all depends on what you want. I figured the tranny is worth more than $300 so...

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
a 60 would look something like this. the one below is a 61 and not a power king, its one of the other many that look similar but all the sheet metal would be the same. i found it on one of my google adventures. it was posted on this site... by jeff

Attachments

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the picture. I was looking for one the other day and couldn't find one. That's a cool looking hood!

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Thanks for the picture. I was looking for one the other day and couldn't find one. That's a cool looking hood!
it is a cool hood. i like the round hoods the most and i will undoubtedly have one some day. those particular hoods that wrap all the way around the engine are very hard to come by and very expensive when you do find one.

·
Registered
2 Posts
a 60 would look something like this. the one below is a 61 and not a power king, its one of the other many that look similar but all the sheet metal would be the same. i found it on one of my google adventures. it was posted on this site... by jeff
I have one like that but I think it is a 58.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Pics?

Welsomd to the fourms

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Drove by the same old farm house that has the PK with no tin Thursday, there's a another tractor along side the PK what looks like a Jim Dandy, manual Lift, front blade, and front wheel weights. I didn't stop so this is drive knowledge, but I'm sure its a JD with manual lift for sure. There was canvas tarp over the seat and 1/2 the hood.

This one looks like it could be worth visit (not for me though, I can be tempted anymore)
PM me if you want the location

1 - 17 of 17 Posts