My Tractor Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about Tractors? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Gizmoligist
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am missing the engine pulley that the starter belts to.
I dont even know what it looks like.

Does anyone have any good pictures of the engine with the pulley on it?
Or just the pulley by itself?
Or an extra pulley?
Or a drawing so I could make a pulley?

You get the idea?

Thanks, I am loving this forum.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
ill get some pics of my setup granted its a little newer being a 63 but it may help

·
Registered
305 Posts
It's just an aluminum pulley that bolts to the flywheel, but I can't find one. I have one for the bigger 7.25 engines but it isn't spaced correctly.

·
Gizmoligist
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Nice tractor Johnny.
I think I am closing in on a trade deal for a 65 DB very similar to yours.

Why is it I cant get enough of these things?

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
im the same way haha... there is like 30 sears tractors at my house haha.... time to down size some tho haha

·
20,000 +posts!
20,939 Posts
I used a pulley (steel) off an old GM A.I.R. pump for a starter pulley on a tractor I had years ago--all I had to do was drill the holes to bolt it to the flywheel,it was made from stamped thick sheet metal ---just the right diameter and width for the skinny starter-generator belt too....found it lying on the ground at the junkyard!...

·
Registered
305 Posts
I tried to use the model 19 pulley, and the bolt holes will work, but not deep enough.

·
Registered
305 Posts
I am rope starting off the pto pulley as of now.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Until i got it running good, I was using a drill on the crank nut, just be careful. Now that I replaced the coikl it starts pretty good and i can use the PTO pulley. Only thing is I can't hook up my sprayer and still start it.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts