My Tractor Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Outlaw Tractor Collector
2,897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saved this from a scrapyard yesterday. I was told that it was a 1956. Its in sad shape but nothing that cannot be fixed. Mostly there, I am unaware of any missing parts. Not sure if the engine is original, it is a Clinton 4 1/2 HP and painted red. The gas tank has been moved to behind the seat. It has been repainted at least twice, once a blue and more recently black, original color was more of a teal. Everything turns good but the bearings are old and wobbly. Will be a good restoration project and hopefully I can have it finished before the 2015 Lawn & Garden Tractor Extravaganza in Evansville Indiana. If anyone has any information or anything on this mower please post it, I have not been able to dig up much on it. Here are some photos, sorry about the poor photos, I will get better ones soon. :thThumbsU

Attachments

·
MTF Junior Poster Esq.
7,644 Posts
3 hard rubber tires. I had one but it wasn't that nice and factory fresh. Mine had a pan bolted to the hood to hold stuff, the rear fenders missing and "Check oil" brush painted across the front, plus he apparently ran into something to stop after every mow.

·
Super Moderator
13,593 Posts
Interesting! Glad you saved it.

·
Outlaw Tractor Collector
2,897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Wow, I have forgotten all about this thread. My apologies, I have more tractors than necessary and a few get forgotten about. My big plans to have it restored for the 2015 Evansville tractor show are not working out too good lol we leave in 10 days and this mower is in the same condition it was in when I got it. It spent most of its time in my room (yes, inside the house) but recently went to live in the storage barn. One day it will be pulled out and restored but not until I find an engine which is turning out to be next to impossible, I am probably not looking in the right places and I really stopped looking very hard for one, I still keep my eyes open though. Don't worry though, it's not going anywhere! Still on the list but probably last on the always growing list, one of these days. Heres a photo of it when it was stored indoors.

10606492_773419306036922_468319262486523962_n.jpg

·
Quality! Not quantity...
387 Posts
That thing is awesome!!!

·
Registered
31 Posts
My god, That is the most amazingly art deco looking tractor I have ever seen! I'm in love! So glad it got saved from the scrap pile. Hope to see the restore some day!

Jack

·
Registered
795 Posts
Really looking forward to seeing it restored. Looks to be as fun to drive as it is to look at. Good luck with it!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Thanks! I am still on the lookout for an engine for it as on now. It is sitting cozy and out if the weather over in my storage barn along with some other special tractors that I will get to one day.
Any progress? I found one in worse shape at a scrap yard and am toying with the idea of picking it up. It's missing the engine and idler parts of the drive system which I'm guessing will be impossible to find unless I make myself. Seems like the single rear wheel FM's are rare.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Wow, I have forgotten all about this thread. My apologies, I have more tractors than necessary and a few get forgotten about. My big plans to have it restored for the 2015 Evansville tractor show are not working out too good lol we leave in 10 days and this mower is in the same condition it was in when I got it. It spent most of its time in my room (yes, inside the house) but recently went to live in the storage barn. One day it will be pulled out and restored but not until I find an engine which is turning out to be next to impossible, I am probably not looking in the right places and I really stopped looking very hard for one, I still keep my eyes open though. Don't worry though, it's not going anywhere! Still on the list but probably last on the always growing list, one of these days. Heres a photo of it when it was stored indoors.

View attachment 1295242

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello. Do you still have your Fairbanks Riding mower? I'm looking for the rear fenders . Mine are missing
Thanks Paul

1 - 18 of 18 Posts