My Tractor Forum banner
  • We have a new contest celebrating your backyard. Sponsored by Walmart, its your chance to win a $400 gift just in time for the 4th of July! HERE Contest Ends on the 30th.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Sears Fan
1,281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know where a pump rebuild kit can be ordered for the Ford 850?
I can't seem to find any place online that sells them.

Thanks,

Doug:thThumbsU

·
Retired - Veteran Mod
6,791 Posts
I was afraid you were going to say that...

I'm not sure where you can find rebuild kits for vane pumps... not even sure that they exist. Sorry.

Don't get too "excited" just yet, though... wait for JohnW or sixbales or Kirk-NJ... (or one of the other guys) to come along and chime in, too...

·
Old Guy With Old Toys
1,178 Posts
Unless you have a prestine show tractor consider replacing the pump with the piston type. I can not remember when I last saw a working vane pump.

Edit
Just for giggles and kicks I googled "vane pumps" and got a lot of hits.The piston pump as used on the Ford is a vickers design. The vane pump is probably a vickers pump also. Anyway, google vane pump or Vickers pump and it will take you to the Eaton site. Apparantly Eaton now owns Vickers or has the patents thereto. There was a vickers pump catalogue on the site. Don't give up yet.

·
Premium Member
5,674 Posts
Really save your self the pain and find a good used piston pump, they are on flea bay all the time and even if it ain't totally up to snuff the kits are not bad $$ wise.

·
Registered
3,268 Posts
They switch from the vane pump to the piston pump in '55 at serial #66849. My '55 950 #35805 which would have had the early style vane pump had been switched out to the piston style pump before I bought it. As recommened I would swith to the later style piston pump. Cheaper and easier to find parts for.
The vane pumps are hard to get parts for. You can try
http://www.sparexusa.com/
under hydraulics ford '39 to '64. Part #cpn972b or cpn972c. B kit is for the 5/8 version and c kit is for the 3/4" version. Diagram will show where to measure. Most likely it's the 3/4 but with these old tractor you never know what been switched out. ****, I've done some switching myself.
You can also try www.crosscreektractor.com
I had heard that they either rebuilt the vane pump or had the parts. It's worth a shot.
I also have a how-to rebuilt in my notes (somewhere). If interested I can look around later for it.
Also a friend told me about a rebuilt kit for the vickers pump. I'll see him this weekend at our tractor show and will see what I can find out.

Kirk

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
yep.. the rebuild kits for the vane pump cost more than the piston pump and plumbing.. and then it still may not work!

soundguy

1 - 10 of 10 Posts