My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
ADMINISTRATOR
15,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A thread was posted the other day asking what was the stupidest thing you ever bought.

http://www.mytractorforum.com/showthread.php?t=210758

The consensus was that I was indeed the stupidest in purchasing a 1951 Galion road roller. Talk about a proud moment :drunkie: Not only that, but when I informed the wife and kids of my appointment, they reassured me that there was never a doubt in their minds. Anyhow, I have an admission to make........the Galion pictured in that thread was not mine. It's the same one, just not mine. I decided to take some pics of mine, just in case there were those who doubted the heights of my stupidity.

For those of you wondering about the story behind me acquiring this prehistoric metal pachyderm, I was running an estate sale for a local gentleman and it was one of the things he had me trying to sell. It didn't sell and he offered it to me for $500, and I couldn't resist. It has a gas engine, runs and operates. Now, I know I may be stupid, but I know what cool is :fing32: Some pics:

·
Deceased October 2017
21,767 Posts
Shes surely a looker :fing32:

Have you done anything with it ? Like flatten out your empty beer cans, iron a big tarp, or just drive it around the hood ?

·
Registered
5,115 Posts
So, Ellis, are you going to run that beast up on some timbers before it slowly becomes part of the landfill? Having to jack something like that up after it's settled in a couple of feet can be a real project.:banghead3

And you still have my vote from the other thread.:thThumbsU

Mike

·
Administrator
12,565 Posts
The biggest "Lawn Roller" on MTF award as well!! Frost heaves beware!

What kind of gas engine? Wisconsin 4cyl? ???

·
Just Have a Little Faith!
9,271 Posts
Why would this be stupid???:dunno:

Stupid would be if it didn't run and you had 24 hours to get it home. I can see a lot of uses for this, lawn rolling is just one. Does it qualify for tractor pulls?

And in the end it can be sold for scrap price minus the engine.

·
I Love All Color Tractors
22,321 Posts
I think it will look cool as can be rolling the lawn being pulled by the Gravely Custom. :fing32:

·
Super Moderator
31,966 Posts
Truly the most awesome of the awesome!!! Something so big, and with realy no real use to a homeowner... I bow to you!!!!! :D

Yup... best lawn roller EVER!!!.... Live action Roadrunner cartoons?? crushing old toys???

·
ADMINISTRATOR
15,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
The Admin from... Nowhere!
13,947 Posts
You'd SURE be popular with the neighbourhood kids, if you gave rides!

"Okay kid, WATCH THIS! Bwah ha ha hah -" CRUNCH! :thThumbsU

(Kinda like a REALLY Slo-Mo Monster Truck ralley!)

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
Hope to see a video of you operating your new purchase as some point . Looks to be in good condition , surely a listing through Youtube,evilbay ,Craigslist would have it sold fairly quickly unless there is some underlying problem , still you would think someone would have bought it .

·
ADMINISTRATOR
15,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
1 - 20 of 22 Posts