My Tractor Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
HAMMAN
1,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to Hubbard Lake MI. to pick this up yesterday. A 1947 Styled WC Allis. HAd a heck of a time getting it on the trailer but eventually we did. Didn't want to run very good. Lots of junk in the tank and carb. We worked on it last night for a while and got it running pretty good. Have short video of it running today pulling an antique manure spreader if anyone wants to see it. Started right up today and run nicely. Thanks for looking.

Attachments

·
HAMMAN
1,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have posted a video of it and our son parking the Manure spreader in the yard on youtube. You can see it at "tractortinkerer11" I am downloading a second one now. Thanks Roger.

·
HAMMAN
1,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
We have been storing this in our new garage but it is not heated yet. While I was working on another project yesterday the wife and son made space in the attached garage, which is heated. He wants to start working on it as soon as possible. Needs new head gasket, new fluids, new sediment bulb a good carb cleaning and a good cleaning in general. I will post pictures as soon as it is in the garage.:thThumbsU

·
HAMMAN
1,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Pics of it going into the garage at the house. It sat from when we brought it home and parked it. Hooked up the battery and I don't think it turned over twice and it was running.:thThumbsU

Attachments

·
HAMMAN
1,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
nubsterman we are in Lewiston, east of Gaylord west of Alpena.
We discovered anti freeze in the oil pan the other day. Today the son removed the head adrained the oil and antifreeze and we found a spot in the head gasket where it appears that it had failed at one of the water passages. The piston tops and the block from teh top look good. No scoring on teh piston walls and no visible burns on the pistons. There was a lot of rust on the soft plugs however. Here are some pictures of the head, block and gasket before and after removal. We are asking for some one who may have more experience than us that if they feel it is the head gasket that was letting water thru or if we have a more serious problem. We know it is hard to tell from pictures but we may be able to describe what we say to help. We oly got a small amount of antifreeze from the oil plug when we drained it befor the oil came out. Here are some pictures thanks for any help.

Attachments

·
Registered
64 Posts
Like you said it's hard to tell from a pic but if you clean both surfaces and can't see any cracks you could stick a new head gasket on it and try it. You can get a new head gasket for $25-$30 on e-bay. If it still leaks then you will probably have to take the head or block to the machine shop to get magnifluxed to find the crack.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.