My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We bought some property and the original owners left a 1944 Farmall H. The real estate agent said he himself used it to cut the grass last spring, but we cant get it to start now. My husband bought a new battery.

We are not sure how many modifcations have been made to it over the years.
My husband said it was a 6 volt and now is 12. He also said there are "new" guages on the side that are not original.

We are thinking it should start and are that we are missing a button or something. We dont have a manual.

Any and all help appreciated,

DP

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Some more info would help. Is the engine turning over, is the fuel on, whats the wiring like? Pictures would also help.

If it is turing over and not starting it could be from the engine not getting gas or it could be weak or no spark. Also is the ingintion switch in the on postion?

·
Premium Member
5,940 Posts
Make sure you have the kill switch pulled out(see pic). It should be a push/pull switch.

Attachments

·
Registered
176 Posts
What is that black knob straight below the gauges next the the brake pedal?

·
Registered
560 Posts
maybe the little silver toggle switch under the gauge(maybe it's just a bolt sticking out)? ya might have to get a hold of the agent and ask him the combination to start it. it appears it may have been modified through the years. gotta agree with above need some more info, if it turns over,etc.

·
Registered
176 Posts
It has been years since I have started a farmall so I do not remember. It does look like it has been modified some.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts